1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sharing an order from MacMurray

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by poconoadoptionfamily, Feb 2, 2011.

1. poconoadoptionfamily

poconoadoptionfamily Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2010
    Hawley
    This may be in the wrong topic... but is anyone willing to share an order from Murray/ MacMurray with me. I'll be ordering in April, and just don't need 25 birds. I live in Pike County PA, 20 minutes from Orange and Sullivan Counties in NY. ( My parents live in Ulster County NY and I would be glad to bring the chicks there as well. )
    I wouldn't mind keeping the chicks for a week or so just to make sure they are a little more hardy. Feel free to PM me if interested. Thanks.

2. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    I think this is a great idea! I'm in Kansas so I can't go in with you on an order, but I thought about placing an ad on Craigslist at one point, to see if there was anyone locally who wanted to split the shipping costs with me. I understand why hatcheries need to ship minimum numbers of chicks but for those of us living in suburban areas where we are limited by local laws to how many we can keep, a minimum order of 25 chicks poses some issues. Good luck - I hope you find someone to split your order with.

3. Serama Mama 4

Serama Mama 4 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 27, 2010
    i would order from ideal instead!! they only require 25$ in poultry.instead of 25 birds.

4. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    College Station, Tx
    If you're really interested, you might put your location in the title so more locals read your post.

Good luck finding someone! You might also try Craigslist - someone on there might want to split an order with you too.

5. abChicken

abChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Gaston County N.C.
    wish i were closer [​IMG]

6. milezone

milezone Out Of The Brooder

Feb 3, 2011
    SW Kentucky
    I would love to do that. We really only want 6 - 8 chicks as we are new at this. We live in Calloway County, KY.

Milezone

7. mommathea

mommathea Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Unless you know the person you're splitting the order with it may not be a good idea to list on Craigslist. There are way to many people who will say they will split an order with you then back out at the last minute.

Instead I'd just order what you want, then sell the chicks on Craigslist once you get them. You can price them to cover shipping.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by