Sharing an order from MacMurray

poconoadoptionfamily

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 21, 2010
Hawley
This may be in the wrong topic... but is anyone willing to share an order from Murray/ MacMurray with me. I'll be ordering in April, and just don't need 25 birds. I live in Pike County PA, 20 minutes from Orange and Sullivan Counties in NY. ( My parents live in Ulster County NY and I would be glad to bring the chicks there as well. )
I wouldn't mind keeping the chicks for a week or so just to make sure they are a little more hardy. Feel free to PM me if interested. Thanks.

I think this is a great idea! I'm in Kansas so I can't go in with you on an order, but I thought about placing an ad on Craigslist at one point, to see if there was anyone locally who wanted to split the shipping costs with me. I understand why hatcheries need to ship minimum numbers of chicks but for those of us living in suburban areas where we are limited by local laws to how many we can keep, a minimum order of 25 chicks poses some issues. Good luck - I hope you find someone to split your order with.

If you're really interested, you might put your location in the title so more locals read your post.

Good luck finding someone! You might also try Craigslist - someone on there might want to split an order with you too.

wish i were closer
sad.png

Unless you know the person you're splitting the order with it may not be a good idea to list on Craigslist. There are way to many people who will say they will split an order with you then back out at the last minute.

Instead I'd just order what you want, then sell the chicks on Craigslist once you get them. You can price them to cover shipping.

Back
Top Bottom