Shark snipers Wine dots NEW HATCHES and puppies 1/24/2011 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Ugg. My ankles are swelling just thinking about it. It is scorching in NM too.

No bantams. Tried to hatch some LF BLRWs, with no success. Really just need a single combed splash-laced cockerel.

When is the due date?

Sept 23rd but I guess they will induce a week early because I have high bloodpressure this time. Went to the Dr. yesterday and i am measuring 3 weeks ahead already. Another big baby.

We haven't had too many single combs this year. That is a good thing, but I will keep my eye out if you dont find one by fall. It would be a young one because we cull them out pretty young. What are you using him with?

Quote:

No bantams. Tried to hatch some LF BLRWs, with no success. Really just need a single combed splash-laced cockerel.

When is the due date?

Yer killing me Dak, I looked at that little roo tonight as I cleaned the pens and thought hmmmm... NM isn't really THAT far and I could do it in 5 days round trip.... I suppose that's a lot of driving for one little chicken.

ETA: I may need to post a pic of him tomorrow just to torment you...

Last edited:
Mrs. Turbo :

Quote:

When is the due date?

Sept 23rd but I guess they will induce a week early because I have high bloodpressure this time. Went to the Dr. yesterday and i am measuring 3 weeks ahead already. Another big baby.

We haven't had too many single combs this year. That is a good thing, but I will keep my eye out if you dont find one by fall. It would be a young one because we cull them out pretty young. What are you using him with?​

you are making my womenhood hurt!
th.gif
I never got to have a "natural" childbirth.. I was induced with both:-( but they were both 3 hrs start to finish:) little stich here a little stich there-wala-good as new...LOL...and never again...my DD are 14 and 11-I have a princess and a tomboy ( just like mommy) Im going to say Sept 18th!

Quote:
yes my lovely fisherwoman--me me me when are you around my area again? I have a game Tuesday and that should be it I hope-The girls school stuff is done by Monday!!

I really think we need this color in cochins.

Lovin, 5 days!!!! I drive to MI in about 28-29 hours straight thru.. Got to Thunder bay, CAN on the shore of Lake Superior in about 25hrs. Sleep is optional.

DON"T CULLLLLLLLL the single combsssssssssss, ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

But seriously, do they really help improve fertility?

Quote:
IDK but I have 2 hens that have single combs that Im selling in 3 weeks-I just had an request for 8-10 hens!!! I told them 15 $ a piece for 8 weekers-No single combed roos though:-( Id keep one if I thought theyd throw a better fertility rate-

Ah yes, but with no one to share the drive, sleep time and then OFCOURSE I'd have to stick around NM for a day to nose around. Wonder if I could take a chicken as a carryon... hmm...

Maybe wednesday Nat? Dee and I had lunch today, she says she misses you. $15 a BIRD? Hook a sister UP! I am going to need to thin soon, are those the wine dots you sold for that amount?

Quote:
They claim they do, but who really knows......I think the inbreeding and closing down your line completely affects it more than the rose comb. Our fertility had been great but I think that is because we have used crosses in our line to improve color and wyandotte type……even 8 generations down the line our fertility is still pretty strong.
We did have trouble with the SLWs fertility when we started, but once you get “your” own line going from chicks you raised it seems to pick up. I think a lot of breeders cull out the roosters and hens that don’t produce well and it gives you a frustrating start. We currently have one single comb BLRW hen in our flock because she is has awesome type and color and she hasn’t increased our single comb hatches.
BLRW cochins would be cool. Jerry is really wanting the chocolate wyandottes……only one project per year I tell him. That one will cost a small fortune I am sure.

Quote:
IDK but I have 2 hens that have single combs that Im selling in 3 weeks-I just had an request for 8-10 hens!!! I told them 15 $ a piece for 8 weekers-No single combed roos though:-( Id keep one if I thought theyd throw a better fertility rate-

you don't want to keep a single comb rooster in your BLRW flock.....he will produce a ton of single comb chicks....If you want to keep one keep a hen, but if the rooster and hen both carry the single comb gene you will have a bunch of single comb chicks.

Quote:
2 winedotts-the single combed girls-they will be getting 2 EE's -1 BO-1 cinnamon queen-1 black cochin LF-a few silkie hens and thats it-it thins my flock down-I just sold 4 hens the other day-I felt sad selling them but they were not going to be eaten and going to a home right up the road and I drive past all the time so I can see them:)

What do you want to sell? which girls-I can sell them for sure-especially if they are POL...Wednesday huh-DH says thats a good night for to go to Dinner LOL...Casa?? duh?? right?? I havent gone since we hooked up last time-it feels like its been FOREVER! I need that soup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom