Shark snipers Wine dots NEW HATCHES and puppies 1/24/2011 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
frow.gif
Hey everybody! Just read the entire thread from my 'off to the National Specialty' post. The only reason I. home right now, is a student just had to have me there to teach her class. So I drove back from Austin just to be there for her and she didn't show up!
roll.png
How annoying. Fortunately about a dozen other people did, so it wasn't a wasted trip. Anyway, I'm leaving back to Austin in a couple of hours, after I finish laundry and pick up some more chick feed, and then will be back late Sunday. Our National Specialty spans a week and 2 weekends.

Nat
big_smile.png
-sent you a pm, but won't be back until Sunday! Sorry, we got back from your place, and the day after left for Austin, so didn't really spend any time home. And, as you know, I'm totally incapable of communicating from anywhere except my computer. So pathetic, true.
frow.gif
John says Hi!

dak-waaaaaaaayyyyy tooooooooo gooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't it such a relief to finish that dang championship? Congrats! Will you special him, or run for the hills, like I do? Nice nice GLCs! Nice BLB chicks, too!

Hey Jen! Nice to see you! I'm so sorry about the one Cochin hen. But look at it this way, you still have a cochin hen and can replace her and make many more. It is so hard when a pet dies, though, I know.
hugs.gif

frow.gif
big_smile.png
Hi Lovins! john says Hi!

Howdy everybody else!

National Specialty news:

Bill is the hero of the hour!

We had 2 days of agility and 2 days of obedience. Bill took high in trial one day in agility (the first day nobody qualified because the surface was so bad) and both days in obedience! He out-performed the #1 obedience AmStaff in the nation twice with style and finesse and very good humor! He's such a good boy! He got all kinds of ribbons and trophy-type stuff, so I will take a picture of him with all when we get back and post it.

OK, I'm off to fold laundry and get chick feed! Be back Sunday!
frow.gif

Quote:
HIT!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thems bragging rights. Have fun.
cool.png

I will special him a little since I'll be at the shows with his 1/2 sis. He is standard size which, as I'm sure you know, puts him at a disadvantage. It's a shame the oversized dogs do better. Oversize ACDs get kicked in the head. What part of that is hard for these judges to understand?

Quote:
for eating eggs, I charge $2.00/doz, for hatching eggs (different bunch of hens) much more.
this spring I will have silkie eggs, blue laced red wyandottes and white wyandottes and if I can swing a breeding, blue americanas

dak
here in maine we are not required to have bands, I do put wing bands on a few of mine (started this yr) and usually I use spiral bands
you might check with your county extension office, they might have small numbers.

Brindle- congrats!!!!
celebrate.gif

I'm off to work on stained glass, been putting off a stone (for christmas) so I need to get on it and finish it before it gets too cold.

Last edited:
Quote:
for eating eggs, I charge $2.00/doz, for hatching eggs (different bunch of hens) much more.
this spring I will have silkie eggs, blue laced red wyandottes and white wyandottes and if I can swing a breeding, blue americanas

dak
here in maine we are not required to have bands, I do put wing bands on a few of mine (started this yr) and usually I use spiral bands
you might check with your county extension office, they might have small numbers.

Brindle- congrats!!!!
celebrate.gif

I'm off to work on stained glass, been putting off a stone (for christmas) so I need to get on it and finish it before it gets too cold.

I also charge 2 a dozen, but I know Nat does much better than that.

Quote:

dak

Brindle- congrats!!!!
celebrate.gif

I also charge 2 a dozen, but I know Nat does much better than that.

I get 3$ a dozen but only sell the biggest ones that get laid:) I do sneak in small ones from time to time:)

hatching eggs...umm alot more:)

Quote:
pop.gif

Just checked. 1 blue, 1 white and one PN(??)
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

A second blue has the top off the egg but needs to get out. I think it is a bit tricky for them in the egg carton as they are small, but .. Oh well. They are all pipping in the middle region of the egg, I suspect because they incubate on their side.

Saw some more pips but not a whole lot (didn't look too hard).

One of the light ones (?blue?white -they look the same just now
roll.png
) has a MONSTER vault and top hat already.

AND CONGRATS BRINDLE!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
pop.gif

Just checked. 1 blue, 1 white and one PN(??)
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

A second blue has the top off the egg but needs to get out. I think it is a bit tricky for them in the egg carton as they are small, but .. Oh well. They are all pipping in the middle region of the egg, I suspect because they incubate on their side.

Saw some more pips but not a whole lot (didn't look too hard).

One of the light ones (?blue?white -they look the same just now
roll.png
) has a MONSTER vault and top hat already.

AND CONGRATS BRINDLE!!!

PN??? What's that?

$2.00 ok, I am asking $2.50 and everybody seems OK with that. Hatching eggs would be variety dependent of course.

Quote:
Eggs sell? What you talkin' about?
hmm.png
Only eggs I was able to sell locally were peafowl eggs & shipped peafowl/chicken eggs ages ago.. other than that eggs were simply given to friends/relatives for free or tossed back to chickens to eat...

Good thing I pretty much have chickens strictly as pet/playing around with genetics...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom