Shaw and the Hound

Pics
My dogs all live in kennels or fences I can cover.

It’s not just for them, but they like having a place of their own. A safe place to go to. I like having a place I can send them when I don’t want them around.

It makes potty training a breeze. When we aren’t training the pups or playing with them we force them to be in their kennels. It makes them more independent and reenforces in them that I am the alpha and not them.

I think they make better animals when they are kennel raised. Even spoiled Pearl was kennel raised and trained. We call the kennel their bed, so if we say, “ go to bed,” they go no arguing at all. If only my kids had been so well trained.

I don’t consider kennels cruel, I actually, think it’s is harder on a dog to not have a kennel. But it’s up to the owner to decide what they want.

Our dogs are spoiled, we know what they want and when, they let us know, you have seen the videos of Pearl wanting belly rubs. But when we finally say no, it’s over.

People ask how we can have free range chickens with hunting dogs (labs) it’s partially because of the kennels. We are absolute bosses over them. No means no.

both my feists are kennel trained and they let me know when it’s bedtime 9:30 pm on the nose!!! Tater, on the other hand, would have nothing to do with kennel training. As a puppy, she would cry constantly and then as she got older she would intentionally soil the kennel as soon as she was put in it. we finally gave up and since mr muddy will not allow her near our room (due to the snoring) she has the living room as her bedroom. we have a doggie door so she can go outside if necessary. but she doesn’t like dark......we have to leave a lamp on in the living room 🤣🤣🤣

B26C6F92-C849-4F02-916E-16D94C52A674.gif

Back
Top Bottom