Shaws call duck incubation thread (hatch a wonderful(worthless to Ralphie) dux thread)

I swear I heard a quack come out of one of my juvies. I had been assuming he was a drake (Jax did try mating her/him when they were younger, he always avoided my obvious drake juvie)

This one. I think it’s either just a bad grey, or incomplete grey, or maybe dusky grey? Thoughts anyone? The speculum usually looks just black, no standout eye stripes, but slightly faint. And some green sheen on the head. Do any females get green heads? I gotta go look that up.
Bill looks huge, but still young and growing in to it. Looks a lot like Lexi, the momma.
EC88C1B8-44D1-472F-BB97-DB72721BF4D2.jpeg

I swear I heard a quack come out of one of my juvies. I had been assuming he was a drake (Jax did try mating her/him when they were younger, he always avoided my obvious drake juvie)

This one. I think it’s either just a bad grey, or incomplete grey, or maybe dusky grey? Thoughts anyone? The speculum usually looks just black, no standout eye stripes, but slightly faint. And some green sheen on the head. Do any females get green heads? I gotta go look that up.
Bill looks huge, but still young and growing in to it. Looks a lot like Lexi, the momma.
View attachment 1451604
I would sure have guessed drake with the green coming in on the head but who knows. . maybe it's going to be a gender non conformant duck :p

Back
Top Bottom