Shaws call duck incubation thread (hatch a wonderful(worthless to Ralphie) dux thread)

Are they riding down the road with their heads hanging out the windows?
20181006_134726.jpg
20181006_134722.jpg
not quite. . but Ralphie kept coming to the corner and peeking between the seats looking around :lol:

Met a guy that had some calls. He had a snowy pair I wanted. :hit
But I didn't do it.
We did exchange contact info. . he said he had mandarins at home, emu, and Hawaiian nene geese (that require a permit)
Said he had about 70 calls :eek:
But he travels around and buys from lots of swaps and individuals and then sells the ones he doesn't need. So I could tell if I would buy something from him I would for sure wanna quarantine for a good spell. So I restrained myself.

Maybe Ralphie dux will change his attitude after seeing how other birds get treated at the swap! Lol. He was happy to be home and was nice to everyone this afternoon :gig
Saw a lady buy three muscovy ducks and carry them off by their wings :rolleyes:
Speaking of this. . is carrying muscovy ducks by their wings common practice? It was almost as if the ducks were paralyzed being held like that. Isn't that painful for the duck?
The lady held one in each hand by grabbing the base of both wings up at the shoulder I guess you'd say, and just walked off with them like that. The ducks just hung there and didn't fight it. . so I didn't know if this was a trick of the trade or what.

Speaking of this. . is carrying muscovy ducks by their wings common practice? It was almost as if the ducks were paralyzed being held like that. Isn't that painful for the duck?
The lady held one in each hand by grabbing the base of both wings up at the shoulder I guess you'd say, and just walked off with them like that. The ducks just hung there and didn't fight it. . so I didn't know if this was a trick of the trade or what.
all I know is Muscovies have claws .... maybe a safer way to carry them to transport to travel cages. They are good fliers so those muscles would be strong close to the body...

Maybe the equivalent of carrying a chicken by their feet?

deb

all I know is Muscovies have claws .... maybe a safer way to carry them to transport to travel cages. They are good fliers so those muscles would be strong close to the body...

Maybe the equivalent of carrying a chicken by their feet?

deb
Maybe so :confused:
I was appalled at first but the the lady seemed to know what she was doing :idunno

Back
Top Bottom