She’ll less eggs

Teresam

In the Brooder
Aug 9, 2021
I recently had a bird start laying eggs with no shells, only membranes. They get layer feed, access to oyster shell so I’m stumped. How do I fix my girl and get her back to her blue egg laying days

With this.
F57D4B6B-216D-49EC-A92C-3DFAF3C5915E.jpeg

Give one tablet of calcium citrate directly into her beak once a day until she's laying regularly normal good quality eggs.

Calcium citrate is an easier form of calcium to digest and absorb than oyster shell. It won't replace oyster shell. It's strictly a temporary high dose calcium to get her blood calcium elevated so her shell gland is well equipped. Then she can go back to layer feed and oyster shell as her primary calcium sources after her eggs are coming out normal.

This is a good first aid item to keep in your run in case you notice a hen struggling to lay an egg. It can head off life threatening egg binding when you give it at the first sign of trouble.

With this. View attachment 3085345
Give one tablet of calcium citrate directly into her beak once a day until she's laying regularly normal good quality eggs.

Calcium citrate is an easier form of calcium to digest and absorb than oyster shell. It won't replace oyster shell. It's strictly a temporary high dose calcium to get her blood calcium elevated so her shell gland is well equipped. Then she can go back to layer feed and oyster shell as her primary calcium sources after her eggs are coming out normal.

This is a good first aid item to keep in your run in case you notice a hen struggling to lay an egg. It can head off life threatening egg binding when you give it at the first sign of trouble.
Thank you so much!! I’ll get this tomorrow to give to her

Back
Top Bottom