1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

She is gone. DONE WITH HER

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by terrilhb, Sep 2, 2011.

1. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    So I had posted about a hen that I was having problems with. She is 6 months old. She is Minorca and RIR mix. She ripped out my rooster and another hens feathers. She attacks any other chicken. She is evil. Evil I tell you.[​IMG] But she is so beautiful. So either the Mennonites take her and do what they want to. With full disclosure of her tendacies or she will be in my crockpot. I have never seen such an evil hen. I don't understand. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. emys

emys Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Idaho
    Yep. Sometimes they just need to find another flock or take a lLONG HOT BATH!

3. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Wow...I've heard of evil roosters, but didn't know hens could be that way as well. Guess I've been lucky so far! [​IMG]

4. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Awwwww, poor girl. I'm sure she is not evil. She just has a different way of showing her love for everyone. [​IMG]

5. blefky

blefky life in the yard

Mar 18, 2010
    stamford, ct
    [​IMG]

6. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

There certainly are bad tempered hens that need to go.

7. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    6 month bird sounds good for the table.[​IMG]. We would never keep an aggressive hen, she'd be a nice tasty meal for us.

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Fred's Hens :

There certainly are bad tempered hens that need to go.

'Tis true. I have had only one bad tempered hen, ever. She's still here, but may get her scrawny neck wrung at any moment, and has come just thiiiiiis close to it on several occasions. She is half blind, so very defensive, and on top of that, has some Sumatra blood and spurs, not a great combination for a sweet girl. We know how to handle her, but man, sometimes we do just want to [​IMG] She isn't mean to the other birds, only to us at roost time. You probably have seen stories about her, Tiny the Terrorist. She sure tries our patience! If she was terrorizing the other birds, she'd already be gone.​

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:Maybe you should see if there's another denomination that wants her [​IMG]

signed a Mennonite girl

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  10. WestfarthingHomestead

WestfarthingHomestead Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Alaska
    "Awwwww, poor girl. I'm sure she is not evil. She just has a different way of showing her love for everyone"

Yeah, that's what they tell me about some humans, but I just say they're selfish bullies. Throw her in the pot![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by