She just wants to be warm!

gameboygal12

Songster
9 Years
Feb 24, 2010
I have this little red cochin frizzle named Razzles. Everytime I go down to the chicken pen, she follows me around everywhere. She wants me to put my hands on her to warm her up. She loves it and will go to sleep when I do this. But after doing this for 5 minuets, I have to stop. (squating for that long isn't very comfortable)
old.gif
When I walk away she runs after me and starts pecking me until I do it again. And people say chickens aren't smart!
tongue2.gif

That really is sweet.
love.gif

My 2 1/2 month old rooster does that to me, too. If I bend down for even a second he's in my lap, laying down, cooing and snuggling....I've been told on this forum not to let an up-and-coming rooster do that, but geeze, it's hard to kick him off...
hmm.png

Quote:
As someone who has a rooster that was snuggly, and now is less so, I'd say enjoy it as much as you want! Mine is now 2 years old, and still occasionally want to snuggle when it's cold. But during the summer he's too busy keeping watch, and when he's molting he gets cranky. But I think having a well established trusting relationship with him can't hurt as he gets older.

Back
Top Bottom