She Lies Like a Rug

Kiki towards dogs (she hates her kibble, but still does not want her siblings to get it) She will growl and is super aggressive…which only makes me think she is has a bit of chihuahua in her.
That's not exclusively a Chihuahua trait. I had a Sheltie that would not tolerate the other dogs looking at her while she ate! I ended up feeding her in a room by herself, she was traumatizing the Rott, the Golden and the Dalmatian, plus the other Shelties, most of whom were male. With her out of the room, peace reigned, they were too busy eating to worry about each other! 🤣

Brewster lies! He lied this morning right after I gave him some eggs then he came right over and sat down next to me while I was cooking some more and looked at me with those big pitiful puppy dog eyes like “no, I did not just scarf down a plate of scrambled eggs. Yes I am still starving. Give me some of yours?” :lau I was like “no you cannot have my breakfast too, you jerk!” :lau

And sometimes he pretends he potties outside when he really didn’t. Or he’ll ask to go out just to sniff things or play or whatever lol

That's not exclusively a Chihuahua trait. I had a Sheltie that would not tolerate the other dogs looking at her while she ate! I ended up feeding her in a room by herself, she was traumatizing the Rott, the Golden and the Dalmatian, plus the other Shelties, most of whom were male. With her out of the room, peace reigned, they were too busy eating to worry about each other! 🤣
That’s what we do now as well…also, she does sort of “lie” I would give her food, like a small diced apple. She would take it in her mouth, walk away slowly and spit it out somewhere else, she does like some types of food, but not apple. Then, she would come back again, look at us, eating some more apple and totally look like she would eat some.

Wait…how many dogs do you have?

Wait…how many dogs do you have?
That was many years ago. Right now I just have two, Gracie and Sammy. Sammy's my current avatar. He's actually my g'son's dog ... but The Kid is headed off to academy this fall, so he'll become mine more and more by default I guess. Gracie's getting older and .... well ... you know. 😔

That’s what we do now as well…also, she does sort of “lie” I would give her food, like a small diced apple. She would take it in her mouth, walk away slowly and spit it out somewhere else, she does like some types of food, but not apple. Then, she would come back again, look at us, eating some more apple and totally look like she would eat some.
I think they think that if we eat it it must be good. So if they try it one more time, maybe this will be the time they'll like it. But yeah .. no. I had a Golden that would literally eat anything I did. To test this once, when he was begging, I told him, You won't like it, it's pickle. To which he replied, Oh but I'm sure I will! Just let me try! So I gave him a big hunk of my dill pickle. He took it eagerly, then spit it out and looked at me with a worried expression. Are you serious? he said. You really eat this stuff? Then he wagged his tail, smiled, picked it up and ate it, making faces the whole time. You know, I think if I had run through fire he would have been there right at my side the whole way.

That’s cute! 🥰 Sounded like a great dog!
I think they think that if we eat it it must be good. So if they try it one more time, maybe this will be the time they'll like it. But yeah .. no. I had a Golden that would literally eat anything I did. To test this once, when he was begging, I told him, You won't like it, it's pickle. To which he replied, Oh but I'm sure I will! Just let me try! So I gave him a big hunk of my dill pickle. He took it eagerly, then spit it out and looked at me with a worried expression. Are you serious? he said. You really eat this stuff? Then he wagged his tail, smiled, picked it up and ate it, making faces the whole time. You know, I think if I had run through fire he would have been there right at my side the whole way.

That was many years ago. Right now I just have two, Gracie and Sammy. Sammy's my current avatar. He's actually my g'son's dog ... but The Kid is headed off to academy this fall, so he'll become mine more and more by default I guess. Gracie's getting older and .... well ... you know. 😔
Oh, how old is Gracie? We had our first loss of a dog a while ago, it was awful 😞. Died of a fatal dog disease. We just got into dogs and had no previous experience. But the rest of our dogs that got the same disease later all made it…I wish we had knew what to do. She was just a puppy. Do you have a favorite breed?

Oh, how old is Gracie? We had our first loss of a dog a while ago, it was awful 😞. Died of a fatal dog disease. We just got into dogs and had no previous experience. But the rest of our dogs that got the same disease later all made it…I wish we had knew what to do. She was just a puppy. Do you have a favorite breed?
I think Gracie will be 12 this fall. But she's going blind and I think also losing her hearing. And getting arthritic. Actually, in pretty much the same shape as myself, lol. It is really hard to lose a dog. But I never let mine suffer if you catch my drift. She'll let me know when it's time. I'm glad your dogs recovered. I've always been partial to Goldens and Shelties. I would have liked to have had a Berner, but that was not meant to be. And I think our family had a Kooikerhondje when I was little, also known as a Dutch duck toller hound. I always wanted another one. What are your faves?

Back
Top Bottom