She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

On the broody front, my little polish has her chicks but what do I do when they are older? Does she reject them and they go and do their own thing! When they are bigger do I try and her and the chicks to back to her flock? This broody hen business has been far more stressful than the incubator.

They're 3 weeks now so how much longer will she want them?

Everyone seems to be stopping incubating :hit

Good luck all :fl

On the broody front, my little polish has her chicks but what do I do when they are older? Does she reject them and they go and do their own thing! When they are bigger do I try and her and the chicks to back to her flock? This broody hen business has been far more stressful than the incubator.
My Broodies eventually just kinda push the chicks away. Wean them, in a sense. Some still stick with their mamas even as adults.

Last edited:

I don't know what to do with them, but I'd love to see more pics of them!
1f60a.png

I don't know what to do with them, but I'd love to see more pics of them!
1f60a.png

Will try and get some updates ones of them tomorrow, but with how the weather is forecast I don't think I will fancy going out!! Rain all day apparently. They are looking very scruffy right now, half feathers and half fluff!! They don't seem to have feathered out as quick as the brooded by me chicks.

my sides hurt and I can't think it's to hot to work so I'm fixing a Tv I'm glad silkies is innocent  I never saw three girls get all over something so fast I just had a gut busting laugh out of this whole lumber thing. I guess it lost a little on the way to you
need to slip a couple of  horns inside that ring Amy  
I think I understand more of what y'all are saying than you think I understand ;)

This heat is unbearable. Ughhhhh

Little horns would fit quite nicely :lol:
1f608.png

Last edited:
You needed to post that pic after all your comments today!! I've been cracking up here and there when I've stopped to read a few of them!!
Hiya!! Incubator withdrawal occurring here!! Still no room to add more yet!! Who has what set right now? I just can't stop smirking :lau
I'm not and I'm having withdrawal also!! Planning to get serious next week and buy some eggs. I found a good breeder about an hour & 15 mins from me. Not sure if I should take the drive or just do shipped eggs again. Suggestions? (I've never set local chicken eggs before) is it worth it? Women have come along way but that's proof that inequality still effects us today!

Back
Top Bottom