She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Lol!!! I saw blue and black.....my fave color combo.
I like that chart.
I didn't from day one. The chicks were kept where it did not drop below 80 degrees so no need for heatlamp at all. I would have cooked them because the high was around 95.
Wow!!!! I'm gangsta fo sho!

Man...alot if smacks getting thrown around!!!
lau.gif
gig.gif
Not any more, Amy left...
th

So I have a confession. I've been brooding my last hatch without a heatlamp. I had a heatlamp of the first week, but it's been 88-100 degrees during the day and 56+ at night. There are 11 of them so they have each other. I threw my two new SLW into the same brooder and everyone seems to be doing great and growing right on schedule. 

Funny, at the beginning of the year I had my thermometer in the brooder and I was moving it a few inches away everyday to get it just right. 95, 90, 85..... Now I feel like such a noob. 

If you only have a couple or your temps dip below 50 I'm guessing you would loose some without a heatlamp. 

I've actually read that they do better without a light. That's why so many people are a fan of the heating pad. They get on a more natural schedule and feather in sooner. I just turned off my heat light today and mine are 2 wks. It's 80 degrees in the house.

Top 3 from yesterday, bottom 3 today. I'm so tickled!
1f603.png

Awesome!

Uh-oh Ruby, better hurry up with dinner :gig

How did you know I was making dinner?! :gig

Not any more, Amy left...
th

:lau

I've actually read that they do better without a light. That's why so many people are a fan of the heating pad. They get on a more natural schedule and feather in sooner. I just turned off my heat light today and mine are 2 wks. It's 80 degrees in the house.
Awesome!
How did you know I was making dinner?! :gig
:lau
OK, here is everyone's turn to smack me back. you're a woman, where else would you be at 5 o'clock?
:oops:

Back
Top Bottom