She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

I get that! It's like talking to my kids. If I just tell them to do something without any explanations, they don't do it and instead ask me a million "why" questions. But if I just take an extra two minutes and say "I need you to do this because ....." Then it all clicks and they move into action. We're hatching "kids" in a sense and you've learned to put it all out there upfront to save yourself from all the "why's"! :thumbsup

Yup, gotta know what the point is and concentrate on that with kids. And even then, if they are teens or ODD, you have to give consequences and know that your child's brain is really lagging in the rational center. Their blood flow goes into body production, so they can't make sense or be unemotional.

I am still curious if anyone uses absorbers for humidity control, and
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE! COCKADOODLE FREAKIN DOOO
1f606.png
(inspired by my teen whose bedroom is located next to the cockerel pen!)

My parents said I drove them nuts with "whys" because I always challenged the "because" or thought it insufficient.  All these years later I am still the same way, and it makes me very good at what I do.

I was always told as a kid "because I said so" every time I asked why and I hated that! I have said it once or twice but for the most part, I always try to give a explanation because that drove me nuts as a kid!

Yup, gotta know what the point is and concentrate on that with kids. And even then, if they are teens or ODD, you have to give consequences and know that your child's brain is really lagging in the rational center. Their blood flow goes into body production, so they can't make sense or be unemotional.

I am still curious if anyone uses absorbers for humidity control, and
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE! COCKADOODLE FREAKIN DOOO
1f606.png
(inspired by my teen whose bedroom is located next to the cockerel pen!)

Yes, I had good luck with charcoal/carbon moisture control stuff that I found at the dollar store. I can't post a pic if you like.

Brined turkey breast is in the smoker...smoking with 2/3 apple, 1/3 cherry...what to serve with it?  Open for suggestions!

A stuffing with nuts, sausage, and dried tart fruit like cranberries, or cherries. Also either candied winter squash or yams done with butter, nuts, dried fruit, brown sugar, and coconut shavings, then some garlic mashed potatoes, and a Waldorf salad.

Brined turkey breast is in the smoker...smoking with 2/3 apple, 1/3 cherry...what to serve with it? Open for suggestions!

YUMMMMY!!
A stuffing with nuts, sausage, and dried tart fruit like cranberries, or cherries. Also either candied winter squash or yams done with butter, nuts, dried fruit, brown sugar, and coconut shavings, then some garlic mashed potatoes, and a Waldorf salad.
mmm candied yams!! sweet tatoes!

Ok, after reading about Meagan's obsessive hovering overnight, here's the blue hatch update. There was one yesterday morning. I worked in the yard all day. 3 at 6 PM, 4 at10 PM. Too many to count this morning, but two are wet and I have pips, so no one gets out :gig

Ok, after reading about Meagan's obsessive hovering overnight, here's the blue hatch update. There was one yesterday morning. I worked in the yard all day. 3 at 6 PM, 4 at10 PM. Too many to count this morning, but two are wet and I have pips, so no one gets out :gig

You going to try and band the ones from your Davis eggs?

Back
Top Bottom