She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Hi everyone, I have just got a new incubator for my birthday after having mixed results with my home- made 1. It is a Janoel 24 and I have been running it empty for 3 days, my shipped eggs arrived today they are blue so I know they are hard to candle, I,m going to set them tomorrow but I,m a bit concerned about detatched aircells Ive read on here that some people have had this problem but being a novice I don,t know what to look for and even if I would be able to see with the eggs being blue any advice would be appreciated

Not!!!!!

More like this...

Yay!!! It worked!
Boy I could sure use that right now.

Hi everyone, I have just got a new incubator for my birthday after having mixed results with my home- made 1. It is a Janoel 24 and I have been running it empty for 3 days, my shipped eggs arrived today they are blue so I know they are hard to candle, I,m going to set them tomorrow but I,m a bit concerned about detatched aircells Ive read on here that some people have had this problem but being a novice I don,t know what to look for and even if I would be able to see with the eggs being blue any advice would be appreciated

As far as I know all you can do is leave them fat side up for 12 hours after you get them. That should reset any loose cells that are willing to reattach. Then incubate. At least that's what I do with my shipped eggs.

Last edited:
Not!!!!!

More like this...

Yay!!! It worked!
Did I miss something? Are you on vacation, or do you have a house at the beach? I can smell the salt on the air from here
droolin.gif

Hi everyone, I have just got a new incubator for my birthday after having mixed results with my home- made 1. It is a Janoel 24 and I have been running it empty for 3 days, my shipped eggs arrived today they are blue so I know they are hard to candle, I,m going to set them tomorrow but I,m a bit concerned about detatched aircells Ive  read on here that some people have had this problem but being a novice I don,t know what to look for and even if I would be able to see with the eggs being blue any advice would be appreciated

If you candle them and see the air cell move then it's detached. When you set then set them in a carton with pointy end down for 3 to 5 days. Then you can start to turn them. Either manually or plug in your turner.

Last edited:
If you candle them and see the air cell move then it's detached. When you set then set them in a carton with pointy end down for 3 to 5 days. Then you can start to turn them. Either manually or plug in your turner.
I thought they needed to be turning sooner than that for the healthy ones? I thought I read that turning early on is super important and less so later on. I could be wrong.

I thought they needed to be turning sooner than that for the healthy ones? I thought I read that turning early on is super important and less so later on. I could be wrong. 

I am starting to turn mine today when I get home. It will be day 5. I am trying it. I read with detached air cells that it's good let them sit for a few days.then start turning. And i am manually turning this time..

I am starting to turn mine today when I get home. It will be day 5. I am trying it. I read with detached air cells that it's good let them sit for a few days.then start turning. And i am manually turning this time..

Let me know how it goes. I guess one could always leave the ones with detached air cells off of the turner and keep the others turning. At least I have room for that in Frankenbator.
tongue.png

Thanks for that I will rest them for 24hrs and then check the air cells if they look ok I will set them with turner on, if not I will keep them fat end up without turning for 4/5 days

Let me know how it goes. I guess one could always leave the ones with detached air cells off of the turner and keep the others turning. At least I have room for that in Frankenbator.
tongue.png
You need to patent that thing. I love picking on it, because you hatched what, 75% of shipped eggs in it? Those were awesome results. It reminded me of me, butt ugly, but gets the job done
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom