She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, May 8, 2015.

1. mixedUPturk

mixedUPturk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2015
    Zachary, LA
    WV i feel pretty welcome and situated :) lol!

Amy i cant send hugs, im sure on a puter i could figure it out but i have an Ancient iphone3... shhhhhh! Dont tell em its terribly embarrasing!

But i send u hugs anyway!!!

Ruby thats an awesome story!
    And i forgot quail earlier... Theyre a messy thing, ive had them about a month and im expecting their eggs soon :) i havent sold any yet, no one around me sells them so i think i will do well and i Will update u on how i do. Ive seen a man at a swap with nothin else just quail So obviously He does well. I am after their eggs... I want to learn to pickle them :)

I always forget something...

1 person likes this.
  2. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    He does. He's out in the coop and run now and when Cayden goes out he tries to "herd" him around like they do with the hens...lol It's hilarious. He's the "special needs" roo and I didn't think he'd ever be able to go in the coop, but he's doing pretty well. I will most likely have to bring him in during the winter as he can't get up on the roost with the others and I am worried that with out the body heat of roosting together he won't make it through the winter.

[​IMG]
    This is him at the beginning of spring.

3. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    All silkies do is make babies [​IMG]. They are great moms, and any chicks that hatch in the pen are readily accepted by the rest of the flock, so I never even incubate them. I bought a trio 2 years ago. Started this year with one rooster and 6 hens. I have sold 15 chicks, still have the original 7, and now have 26 chicks between 1 day and 5 weeks old running around. Their pen is huge, and they stay together and don't take up much room, so I'm in no hurry to sell them. I will probably keep them until the roosters start crowing, then I can sell them as POL hens for more money. [​IMG]
    I can hook you up [​IMG]
    Like I said, right now I have 26 chicks, so it's fun to watch. They have learned that I have tomatoes right now, so every time I walk to the pen, they come running. It's so funny, because they have those fluffy little shanks. You're old enough to remember Star Wars. Remember the Taun Tauns that Luke Skywalker rode in the snow? It looks like your being attacked by a herd of them [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  4. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    I can't remember, but you don't have any pure silkies, do you? Mine roost low, or not at all. Maybe if he had a group of them they could keep him company. Showgirls may do the same. Probably too much involved with that, mixing birds or building another coop, but it's a thought

5. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For the Birds!! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    He has such beautiful coloring! He actually reminds me of the rooster that I painted on a piece of slate for my sister-in-law.
    He's lucky you were the one that hatched him! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    yep...

7. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop
    So cute!!!!! My sole hatcher buff polish died after a week. I am not sure of what.

8. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop
    This was my view this morning before we left to head home.

Well my phone is not letting me brag... :gig :lau

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  9. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    Let me guess...
    [​IMG]

10. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA