She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, May 8, 2015.

1. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    One more:

[​IMG]

2. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop
    You guys are ridiculous!!!! [​IMG]

Now why would you go and post something yummy like that?!!! [​IMG]
    Man....you really dont like possums. I think they are are cute but I would never touch one! Alive or dead.

[​IMG]

We dont have any kind of problem as of now. Our dogs have free range of the backyard and keep animals as bay. The only thing I have to worry about is my female lab. She will kill one if she can get it. She has before and got her butt beat!!! Then I guess one of the little cochin roos got out today and she got him but he got away and just lost some feathers.

That has to be the cutest picture I have ever seen!!!! loL!!!

I am so thankful that I plan to keep close to or around my limit of chickens in my backyard. I do not know what I would do with myself if I didnt.

Awwwee.....he drank himself to death! [​IMG]

This is priceless. Makes a lot of sense though.

3. dan26552

dan26552 Flock Master

Oct 28, 2014
    Waiting for epicness.
    My Coop
    Possums are not cute! I have proof!
    [​IMG]
    He was the biggest possum I've ever seen (Though he ought to be after eating both my ducks)

1 person likes this.
  4. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    [​IMG]
    Ok, I like you again [​IMG]
    Yorkshire, they are terrible, and you have to kill them at least 4 times before they actually die
    Look at these teeth:
    [​IMG]
    They will destroy a chicken. I have only had one actually make it into the pen. It killed my favorite girl, the only one that ever perched on my head, and tried to get another but didn't kill her. I found her the next morning with a gash from her crop all the way down her breast. I could have put my hand in it. If anyone wants to know how to nurse a grown hen back to health using only neosporin, water, and Gogurt, shoot me a PM.
    I bought a trap that day. Took me three nights to catch it, but when I did, I took so much pleasure in putting the barrel of the gun against it's head and squeezing the trigger. Shot it one more time to make sure, then one more time just to make myself feel better. They are nasty, opportunistic little scavengers, and will maul any dog or cat that isn't big enough to kill them. I was dead serious, I did beat one to death with a piece of firewood, and was happy to do it.

So... How is the broody Polish and her babies? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  5. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    I love have-a-heart traps. So much easier to shoot those nasty little things

1 person likes this.
  6. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    I shall tell her you have been laughing at her :smack She's a growler too!! All going well with her and the chicks. 2 of the 4 are frizzle, I do have to say these are wild as wind compared to incubator chicks.

Those teeth are nasty. Glad we don't have them here. That was good going getting your girl back to good health with just the basics. I certainly know where to go if I have any problems of that nature. My fingers are firmly crossed though that I don't.

7. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop
    I have one of those!!!!! We caught in our front yard eating our bird food an old white haired raccoon!!! She had cataracts, missing fingers and teeth, just looked like an old grandma raccoon!!! LoL!! We let her go on another island like 10 miles aways. LoL!!!!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  8. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    I love hatching in the pens and watching the broodies with their babies, but they are so much more wild than incubator chicks

9. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    "Have a heart" traps & easier to shoot....am I the only one whos sees the irony here??

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by