She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, May 8, 2015.

1. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    [​IMG]
    Don't you think the OP used the irony for the humor?
    You get another
    [​IMG]

2. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    I think the OP needs another [​IMG]

3. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    "Am I the only one that sees the irony?"

Can you hear my little sing song voice when I say it?

Just for that, I'm not candling at lockdown [​IMG]

4. dan26552

dan26552 Flock Master

Oct 28, 2014
    Waiting for epicness.
    My Coop
    Quote:Indeed it does, though I don't think it would've made it past the dogs if I'd let it out

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  5. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    I did a burnout on a possum [​IMG]

I was driving down the road, saw a dead one on the yellow line, and swerved to hit it again, but I missed. My cousin was in the truck with me. I slammed on the brakes and backed up. When I got close, I slowed down so that I could come to a stop right on top of it. I put it in first, revved the engine, and popped the clutch. There was quite a joyous noise of tires squealing and chunks hitting the bottom of the truck, but I didn't take into account the smell that would follow. My cousin was still dying laughing a mile down the road, so I said "What?"
    He said, "Did you see the little old woman on her porch?"
    I said "No"
    He said "She was just standing there with her hand over her mouth"...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  6. silkiecuddles

silkiecuddles FortheLoveofSilkies

Mar 1, 2015
    Florida
    SC: :lau You're horrible! I hate possums too.

7. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    [​IMG]

8. Kraftcrazychick

Kraftcrazychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2015
    @AmyLynn2374 , in college I had 7 pet rats. One was pretty awesome. Zoe would climb up and sit on my shoulder as I walked around the room, would also try to nestle in my shirt and even would use the extra large hamster ball to walk around the apartment on her own sometimes. When I moved I had to re-home all of them.

A few years ago we bought two for my kids to get them acclimated to having pets. That backfired considerably when one of the first moves the rat did was bite my son's finger. After that the kids really didn't want much to do with them. When one died we bought a replacement to keep the other company. Not even two months later the older one died. So now we have two newer rats and both are not very friendly. Perhaps it has to do with them being male but no matter. I wish they were all like Zoe.

So far our coop has weathered well. No signs of predators or digging around the apron. If something happens though I will have to decide how to dispatch them.

Yesterday I was carrying what I called a 'furry football' around the yard for a moment. Sue tried to mount a hen while I was in the pen giving them treats. I scooped him up and carried my new purse for a bit. At least half of the girls saw him. If he struggled I tucked his head under until he stopped. I don't think I won a best friend there but he needs to know he's not in charge. He also tried to charge my daughter, who was outside the pen. She's not old enough to work with the chickens yet but perhaps later when Sue mellows out and she matures.

9. silkiecuddles

silkiecuddles FortheLoveofSilkies

Mar 1, 2015
    Florida
    I got the privilege of watching one die slowly by a BB gun cause it's all we had. But if I had to kill one, I'd prefer a more humane way to kill possums.

10. dan26552

dan26552 Flock Master

Oct 28, 2014
    Waiting for epicness.
    My Coop
    I know some people who tossed the possum trap and all into their pond tied to a rope and left it. When they pulled it back out they discovered that it was a female possum with babies...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by