She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

That's a crazy looking chicken! Love his 'horns'. (Thanks for posting it!)

How many are in there? Maybe you'll get a few on my birthday - which should be day 22 for you :)

LOL I didn't count them...about 18 turkey though I suspect only 5 or 6 are viable. About a dozen chicken, one unknown Polish plus Ameraucana and other assorted purebreds. I've gotten much better at waiting a week before adding the chicken eggs so I don't have to deal with a staggered hatch.

Last edited:
I moved all my eggs to the GQF and shut down my homebuilt. So far temps look stable, but not any more consistent than my homebuilt. Hatch date August 5...
fl.gif
Good luck!

Here is my big Boy!
Freakin cool lookin chicken.

Albino ball python, excuse the quick cage shots please, im usin old pics
Nice

Caulker caye boa

Good choice.

She came home with a bad mite infestation, so shes on paper here
sad.png
previous owners couldnt cure em

Nice red in that tail even with that light.

X 2. Death should be quick, clean and humane whenever possible.

Yup.
smack.gif

Yup!

Albino ball python, excuse the quick cage shots please, im usin old pics
I'm sure you've seen the ball python cake that looks just like this??

She came home with a bad mite infestation, so shes on paper here
sad.png
previous owners couldnt cure em

Awesome!

LOL I didn't count them...about 18 turkey though I suspect only 5 or 6 are viable. About a dozen chicken, one unknown Polish plus Ameraucana and other assorted purebreds. I've gotten much better at waiting a week before adding the chicken eggs so I don't have to deal with a staggered hatch.
Good luck!

I really like snakes. At least non-poisonous ones. Thanks for sharing the pics. I had a guy ask if I'd hatch chicks as feeders. I just said no...but really not much of a difference between baby mice, baby rats, and baby chickens or quail besides the amount of fuzz.

Would anyone be interested in a reverse-engineering of a GQF incubator?

There is nothing special about this thing, and I already realized that I have to do things differently with tilting trays over tilting cups in the LG turner. The egg trays that came with it are not all snug fit and the first rotation sent the turkey eggs sliding to the other side of the tray.

The placement of the thermostat right next to the heating element makes sense. But placement of the thermometer next to that makes no sense as the water pan shelf, where the heating element and thermostat and thermometer are, is 3F warmer than the trays.

Last edited:
I moved all my eggs to the GQF and shut down my homebuilt.  So far temps look stable, but not any more consistent than my homebuilt.  Hatch date August 5...

That will be mine and hubby's 10th wedding anniversary! Yeah!

That's a crazy looking chicken!  Love his 'horns'.  (Thanks for posting it!)

How many are in there?  Maybe you'll get a few on my birthday - which should be day 22 for you :)

Aug 6th? (she has turkeys and chicks, so I'm not sure if I missed set date)
Need to know my partner in crime's birthday!
1f609.png

I had a neighbor once that had a huge HUGE iguana. I was always scared of that thing. But I did like to sit and watch it, and watch her handle it. Lovely, interesting creature. Never had any desire to have one myself though.

1f609.png

10 years, congrats! - plannng something special? And yes, my b-day is 8/6 although I'm not really that enthused about having another one, but it's better than the alternative.

That's a crazy looking chicken!  Love his 'horns'.  (Thanks for posting it!)

How many are in there?  Maybe you'll get a few on my birthday - which should be day 22 for you :)

You're welcome. I knew asked for someone to post so I did. :)

I get a little carried away sometimes. That's what I meant when I said the "proper dispensing of :smack s"
those polish Devil horns are freaky. Damien had the attitude to match

Zax is the sweetest rooster ever. He is a lover not a fighter.

1f609.png

Happy Anniversary! !!!! Garrett and I are working to 10 years in April!! Have a wonderful night!

Back
Top Bottom