She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, May 8, 2015.

1. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For the Birds!! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop

Haven't planned anything yet, but I'm sure something will come up! [​IMG]

And I said the same about this last birthday...better than the alternative! Haha

2. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    So I went out to sit with the chickens tonight because I picked up a big container of mealworms at the pet store. Well one of my 9wk olds would not eat a single worm. He's a cockerel and I'm wondering (since he started crowing) if maybe he's maturing and wanted to be a gentlemen? Is that just high hopes? He always likes the mealworms, so honestly I'm a little worried and trying to figure it out.

Ha! I love the way you said that! Made me laugh! :)

3. WalnutHill

WalnutHill Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 16, 2014
    SE Michigan
    If he is a good boy and clucks when you drop them, then yes! he is maturing to be a good flock protector. My Brahmacauna boy, who is literally twice the size and weight of the RSL hens, scratches out goodies and says "wuk wuk wuk" and the hens come running to see what he found.

I have a new crower today. He sounds pathetic, but it's enough to make the big roos crow over him.

4. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Rossfam - How's Blue doing?

5. chicapee

chicapee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2015
    Pass Christian, MS
    Scflock, I would like to see some 7,14 and 18 day candling to compare the air cells with mine. I have just locked down as it is day 18 for the marans eggs. I have 13. 12 looking great, very full eggs. The one that was placed with the air cell down for the 1st week looks like the growth is stunted and looks really strange. I don't have much hope for it. Oh well fingers crossed. Oh and 1 is a golden wyandotte. Possibly.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  6. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    I'm so happy! I think he was being a good boy! The cat came over to the run when I sat down in there and he went on high alert. Then he was being totally happy and content, talking and sitting on my leg but he didnt eat the worms, just let his sister eat and all the 5 weekers. I really love that boy. I hope he doesn't change to much when all the hormones kick in!

Oh and I went out to check on them after I put them to bed. Again, 2 piles of chickens on the coop floor. So I picked each one up and put them on the roosts. The 5 week olds were just trying to keep their balance and not fall off. I'm thinking if I start doing this each night maybe they'll get the idea. I should really go take a peek and see if anyone stayed on but I don't want to get out of bed!

7. :p You know what I mean.

8. RIR-YELLOWLEGS

RIR-YELLOWLEGS Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2015
    Georgia
    My Coop
    Hahahahaha !

9. RIR-YELLOWLEGS

RIR-YELLOWLEGS Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2015
    Georgia
    My Coop
    well some of us are crazy some of the time and some if us are crazy all of the time Hahahahaha and my dear old mother bless her heart use to day bo fools no fun!

10. WalnutHill

WalnutHill Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 16, 2014
    SE Michigan
    Here is my scenery from last weekend's motorcycle camping trip:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

These were taken at Lion's Head, in Bruce Peninsula, Ontario Canada overlooking Georgian Bay. We'd never been there before, and it is a rugged hike (for a flatlander) to get up there, but oh so worth it!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by