She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, May 8, 2015.

1. WalnutHill

WalnutHill Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 16, 2014
    SE Michigan
    Good news, the old tractor is back to life and working great. I should get another 5 years out of it now.

Of course, the laundry machine had to be next. It's one of those washer-and-dryer-in-one-box so it has a bunch of parts. Looks like a water valve failed open, the longer you dry the clothes the wetter they get.

2. Is that what a egg looks like [​IMG] don't tell anyone I still have my first blue egg in the fridge. from last year. guess we're going to have to start a support group for this eggdiction we have. either you have small hands or that's a good sized pullet egg gonna eat it?[​IMG]

3. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For the Birds!! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Haha! I do have very small hands but its still a good size egg. I put it in a carton and it filled up the cup. I'm just so happy to finally start getting something tangible back from my investment! Now I have an eggdiction too I guess.

4. sjturner79

sjturner79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2015
    South Australia
    Yay on tractor.
    I don't like the sound of a combo washer dryer. Too many things to go wrong.

5. sjturner79

sjturner79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2015
    South Australia
    You need to blow that thing before it rots and explodes.

1 person likes this.
  6. WalnutHill

Mar 16, 2014
    SE Michigan
    It was great when I had a job where I was usually gone 12 hours a day. Throw the dirty stuff in before leaving, push a few buttons, and come home to clean, dry, warm, tumbling clothes.

7. ok I want a play by play on this one. I have this picture in my mind of this thing scattered all over your house mine are separate It took me mounts to figure out there was a hole in the water level switch tube on my washer. darn thing kept flooding the house. an't life great get one thing fixed and another breaks sure wish I knew what a day off felt like.

8. WalnutHill

Mar 16, 2014
    SE Michigan
    I still need to go and set and mortar stone in the cellar where we replaced the sewer main a couple of weeks ago. These other things are just getting in the way.

I am reasonably certain on the diagnosis, enough to have ordered the part. I haven't taken anything apart yet...I try to troubleshoot before I tear it apart rather than after. Otherwise I forget where the parts went when I put it back together unless I take pictures.

My dishwasher has taught me patience in diagnostics. I've done so many repairs on it over the past 12 years that I don't even bother to screw it into the cabinets any more.

9. any body that pays that much money for eggs has a lot in common with two things a rock and a fence post because they are either as smart as a rock or as dumb as a fence post. take your pick .there are a lot of rocks out there and fence post every where. send them to me I need bridge investment prospects .the most I've paid so far is $50.00 for a dozen to get BCMs and the seller gave me two more free. hatcheries are charging four dollars or more per egg some ship free some charge for shipping. it's easy to get way to much invested in chickens .if their pets that one thing. if their for income its a whole other matter.

10. silkiecuddles

silkiecuddles FortheLoveofSilkies

Mar 1, 2015
    Florida
    i wouldn't lower it that much. How about you make a list of all the ages, and I'll add mine and make the median. Then no one knows my age, but we all know the median?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by