She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

I was really looking for vents and would like to put in a window, and found these roof vents with a translucent plastic cover to let light in too. I'm going to order a couple and see how they work.
31hCWjaH1-L.jpg

I'd put hardware cloth nailed to the roof below it to help keep persistent predators like raccoons from tearing their way in.

A mini duckling would be so cool!!
I would totally buy one if I could get a dwarf! !!
your one of those perky people :thumbsup its raining here so it will be a good day I'm staying home to work on coops and other things a couple of calls should be all that's work related . one thing about being self employed is I'm in control on the job and gray hair gets a lot of respect around here. as for stress it is more stressful dealing with traffic than working in fact it's the most stressful thing I do.It's so much fun keeping up on here . I try to get on as soon as I can everyday. I start laughing and my wants to know what you people are saying now. I let her read a lot of the post. she love's it too. I've done it again when I opened the incubator last night to lock down for Saturdays hatch I found this little thing three fourths zipped and stuck looked like it had been that way all day .I helped it out and left it thinking it might not make it .this morning it's running around peeping its head off. when the broody left the nest without hatching a single egg I scoop them up and put them Incubator this one hatched . I had candled it and guessed this weekend only three days off. today is K day :jumpy
I am pretty perky;)
Last time I actually drank an alcoholic beverage was 9 years ago...lol Probably one shot would do it for me...lol
It's good to know your limits and when to stop. Lol!!!
Anyone here have bator/broody duck experience?
WV do you have experience in this? I wish I could help her out.

If I talked the way I really want on that thread I would be instantly banned from BYC
That's what I'm here for, to say all the things that other people are too nice to say. Need an example? See my next reply...

Can someone answer my egg-sticking-to-my-hen question?

Scissors
Haha You and me both!
highfive.gif

You girls are too soft, but when you snap it can be ugly. Exhibit A is in my next reply...
I think most of us would be....lol I know I would!
You stay away
smack.gif

I know how to handle him, and it's fun for me. You get too emotionally involved

Last edited:
I was really looking for vents and would like to put in a window, and found these roof vents with a translucent plastic cover to let light in too. I'm going to order a couple and see how they work.
31hCWjaH1-L.jpg

RV vent! Awesome Idea. I can't believe I never thought of that!
he.gif

I will be buying some this weekend
I'd put hardware cloth nailed to the roof below it to help keep persistent predators like raccoons from tearing their way in.
And some hardware cloth

I am pretty perky;)
To a fault
smack.gif

Here my little Wicket being momma to my hatchlings!!!!!

Then on top of that...I'm watching my polish hen try to figure out how get the just laid eggs together so she can sit on them and lay her own!!!!! :lau. Such a funny sight.

31hCWjaH1-L.jpg

missed this one this could work well .you might want to look at foundation vents I have one in the north wall of my first coop It has a thermostatic spring that opens and closes it at around 35 or 40 degrees but it's costly $30.00 at home depot of course I got it free from work

I have been working my butt off to find some SOP SLWs this time of year. I finally found two from a lady selling her extras. She says they come from Duane Urch a breeder of SOP for 50 years and an APA judge. Sweet. So I go pick them up. The next day I call Duane to see if he has anymore. He says he stops hatching in may and does not breed SLW anymore.
barnie.gif

It is possible that he helped the lady find SOP SLW. He does do that for folks from what I have heard. They are supposed to be pullets, but one has short wings and no tail yet so I'm really hoping he is a cockerel. Crazy uh? Hoping for a cockerel! If they are not it's not a huge loss. Paid 10 bones a piece for them.

Back
Top Bottom