She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Yes, in theory... if the parent stock is genetically diverse enough, you can breed them together for first generation and then either breed the pullets back to original roo, or pick a new roo and breed him back to the hens... don't make your decision until you see what genders come out better... always go with the best type/etc and go from there...
No kidding!! The little brat wouldn't stay with his hatchmates... kept running to the back of the tray to stick his head in the corner and cry... :lau
That's drowning in shell... not enough moisture loss in egg... needs lower humidity... I found the larger lf breeds and/or darker eggs need lower to dry humidity, and smaller breeds need a bit more humidity than those...
K. I'll post pics and let y'all help me pick which to keep when the time comes around, it'll be a while though, lol

So up here in the PNW, western side, should I try to get a hydrometer? What do I do if the ambient humidity is too high? Will the packets from vitamins or new shoes work?

Always get hygrometers, extra 1 or 2 if possible... try running the bator dry and see how steady it stays first... humidity is high there, but not sure if our warmer humidity affects incubating more than cooler humidity...
I never incubated when I lived there, lol...

Well I think I'm going to follow suit with ga, my hubby finally put his new toy up and the kids crashed with Xbox remotes still in hand, lol. Gotta get up early to go to the clinic and get my doses for next week and then pick up 2 new black Silkies :love See y'all in the AM, hopefully I'll have pics of some new Welsummer chicks to share with y'all sometime tomorrow too :fl

Last edited:
How flippin cute! The little chipmunk stripes are just adorable.

Personally, I dont think what we have seen as shrink wrapped is really the cause of death. I think its the result, instead. I believe once they die, the membrane stops being pliable, and constricts around the dead chick. Not the reverse. But that's just my theory.
Congrats on the bunch of new babies!!
I agree, that doesn't look shrink wrapped to me at all though. It looks as though the baby died early on, as you said.

Well I think I'm going to follow suit with ga, my hubby finally put his new toy up and the kids crashed with Xbox remotes still in hand, lol. Gotta get up early to go to the clinic and get my doses for next week and then pick up 2 new black Silkies
love.gif
See y'all in the AM, hopefully I'll have pics of some new Welsummer chicks to share with y'all sometime tomorrow too
fl.gif

Here I thought I was going to see at least some pips going on. Through the night. Good luck. Hope you do wake up to some babies. :)

Sheesh, guys, I'm gone for nearly 3 days, and I'm only behind 700-some posts (granted, nearly 800 by the time I caught up)? Did someone steal your internet? ;)

Took my older daughter with me to the women's retreat with our old church Thursday--thought I'd share a pic :)

Sheesh, guys, I'm gone for nearly 3 days, and I'm only behind 700-some posts (granted, nearly 800 by the time I caught up)? Did someone steal your internet? ;)

Took my older daughter with me to the women's retreat with our old church Thursday--thought I'd share a pic :)

Great to see you, Amy!! And she looks just like her Mum, beautiful!! :hugs

Back
Top Bottom