She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Yes, it is silly to know that an egg is being color coded, again I have never heard of such, I know in hospitals they have things like Code red etc.  but to hear it for the first time for an egg.  Does sound silly...

I went to the hands on hatching page 73 and all that was talked about was hand turning them??  an the time?   and again, I was talking as if you were a New hatcher, Have NO CLUE, you  have been in this rodeo.  Once again, I was giving input on there should be at least 4 hours in between Not a lot of people  know this... it wasn't until you responded (not my first incubating)  Tell me how would I Possibly know if your a new hatcher or a more experience one without that little quote???? AGAIN, I wasn't trying to insult you, just giving some advice..

and there is not post 782 on page 73 Post 782 wasn't even a message from me.

I have Never NOT ONE SINGLE TIME, critizied ANYONE to say "your way is wrong because of this or that".  NEVER ONCE would I even say that, I will give input to try this way or that way to see if your hatching improves.   BUT I would never tell anyone how to hatch.  I have referred them to my website for some tips, and a lot of people have gone there and used one of my methods and have been very successful after having a failed hatching but I would only refer them IF, they ask me for help....

Seriously, I have never told you "your not going to be successful if you keep doing the high humidity".  HAVE I? no, I don't think so,  I simply gave my input of what happened to my hatching when I tried the high humidity... it's helpful to those that have had a failed hatching.  Perhaps they too have tried a high humidity and ended up with a failed hatching, so giving them another Option doesn't seem like a bad idea.. 

I think somewhere you missed the point of the thread.
We have an experienced hands on hatchet constantly turning and candling eggs using a lg incubator and very low humidity getting 100% hatch rates
And
An experierienced hands off hatchet using a brinsea who sets the eggs and doesn't touch the incubator until the last one has zipped running a reasonably high humidity getting hatch rates in the high 90%

The thread shows that both or any can work.

The only things guaranteed to cause failures are :
Any temp over 120f exceeding 1 hr
Extended periods (days)over 110f
Extended periods (days)under 90f
Extended humidity below 15%
Extended humidity over 85%
You can do nearly anything else to an egg and get good hatched depending on breed, egg size, age, location, altitude, incubator type, etc

Last edited:
We have an experienced hands on hatchet constantly turning and candling eggs using a lg incubator and very low humidity getting 100% hatch rates
And
An experierienced hands off hatchet using a brinsea who sets the eggs and doesn't touch the incubator until the last one has zipped running a reasonably high humidity getting hatch rates in the high 90%

You can do nearly anything else to an egg and get good hatched depending on breed, egg size, age, location, altitude, incubator type, etc

EGG-xactly!

And then we can get into shipped eggs and turning. My GQF auto turns every hour, and I still get excellent development on saddled and detached air cells when I stuff them in the incubator pointy end down 12 hours after they arrive. Others swear by hand turning, or horizontal turning. Let's face it...eggs are programmed to hatch so as long as we don't screw it up too bad, fertiles will try.

Check out this little cutie that hatched. I have no idea what color it is. It's looks white but it has chipmunk markings like a partridge and I don't think it's a paint because the black spots seem to be in a pattern, which paints would just have random spots like a Dalmatian.

Check out this little cutie that hatched. I have no idea what color it is. It's looks white but it has chipmunk markings like a partridge and I don't think it's a paint because the black spots seem to be in a pattern, which paints would just have random spots like a Dalmatian.

He/she is cool..... eek....I can't wait another 18 days!!!!

I can't find hatching 101 incubator arrived happening she won't order tell monday or Tuesday. Thank you for everyone helping my stomach is turning and I haven't even got.eggs reading how to set this bad boy up right now it came with thermometer to calibrate with how do I calibrate humidity also. It is a.Circulated incubator as well

Last edited:

I know what it is, IT"S CUTE. lol

And

I would LOVE to think I missed the point,it's kind of hard when everything was directed to me as to what I said or didn't say and how i said it. not directed to the forum itself.

So, I went to lock up the chickens. Went to coop one first and shut their door went to do a head count and came up one short. A silkie is missing. I have one that keeps getting out, but she never goes far, usually hands aroud the back door. So I go and close up coop 2 and go in to do a head count. I'm one over. (Not counting the banty that came up missing.) On the top roost sits my missing silkie from coop 1. Now, I know how she got out of the run for her coop, just not sure how she managed to get in coop 2. I guess she decided she wanted a change.
hu.gif

2 more hours and I am on day 3. Going to click a few pics and see what's going on during last turn. I already know that I cant see in the green eggs. Not even a little, so they are in till the end unless they smell or leak and with the thickness of those shells, I be surprised if that happens. This is going to be a long 3 weeks!!!

Back
Top Bottom