She Squatted!!!!!! How long until she lays?

Sorry to be a debbie downer on this post! I was really excited yesterday and now my stomach has been in knots since yesterday afternoon.... I don't know what to do for her...

Does it count if they pop a squat when you walk in? Mine have been doing this right next to my foot for weeks! Does that mean more eggs in my future? got two layers that are good for a daily egg!

hey guys.. maybe this will help you
smile.png
This is my thread following the antics of my 5 hens and waiting on their eggs

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=547000

Quote:
This is the same with mine.. She mainly does it when I walk into their coop... I assumed that this was what they all did!
hmm.png
I'll check out your link ItsAZOO32. Thanks..
wink.png

Squatting is equivalent to a cat in heat if you've ever been around one of those. It isn't the same as the poop squat
smile.png
It's a low crouch with the wings spread and when you scratch their back they get excited and will even move their tail to the side in anticipation. It's quite funny
smile.png

This is a squatting video I found on You Tube (not mine)

I can get one of my girls too if you want .. they are all vigorously squatting now LOL

Mine does stick her wings up and out a bit (not spread though), her tail goes up and she even starts stomping hr feet.. Then when I stop patting her she fluffs up as if to shake it all off. There is no mistaking she is squatting... It does make me laugh every time she does it. Yesterday one of the other girls did it once too. I'm bursting with excitement for our first eggs...

Back
Top Bottom