Shed Intestinal Lining or Coccidiosis?

I think that I am going to treat. They are not getting better on the apple cider vinegar and I don't want the whole flock to get it. I keep going back and forth because they start to look better, and then they all of the sudden look like they are about to die. Has anyone else ever had their chickens do that when they had coccidiosis?

Well, we ended up calling the vet. He said that medicated feed would get the coccidiosis right out of their system. We went and got two bags of medicated feed for broilers and two days later they are healthy again. The six that were separated in the garage even looked better and they went out with the rest of the flock today. So the story had a happy ending! Thank you for everybody's help!

They probably are doing better just by being outside on the grass, and not being in a brooder. Medicated feed won't cure coccidiosis if they have it, but many people with broiler chicks use it to help build up an immunity to cocci. Your vet is mistaken to think that medicated feed will cure a coccidiosis outbreak. However, I'm glad they are doing better.

They probably are doing better just by being outside on the grass, and not being in a brooder. Medicated feed won't cure coccidiosis if they have it, but many people with broiler chicks use it to help build up an immunity to cocci. Your vet is mistaken to think that medicated feed will cure a coccidiosis outbreak. However, I'm glad they are doing better.
X2!

Is mine shed or coccosidiosis?!

They go from 4 and 5 months to 1 year and a half. they seem healthy idk any help wiuld be great. should i just give them apple vinegr ?

Most people totally disagree with my methods but when six of my broilers got coccidiosis last year I was able to save all of them. Here is what I did.

#1 As soon as I saw the blood in their poop, I cleaned their waterers and filled them back up with clean water and a little bit of Apple Cider Vinegar.

#2 We found the six that were sick and separated them from the rest of the flock.

#3 We moved the broiler tractor to a clean place in the yard so that the healthy broilers were away from the infected poop.

#4 We bought medicated feed meant just for broilers and gave it to both the healthy and sick.

#5 I gave the sick broilers their medicated feed on a paper plate and then crushed up some garlic, mixed it with a little bit of water, and put it on top of the feed.

The sick broilers slowly got better until they eventually moved right back out with the rest of the flock.

I hope this helps! It is at least worth a try. Good luck!

Last edited:
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom