Sheep

I raise Suffolk-Hampshire cross. I use them for lamb chops.
cool, any pics of yours, I will try and post some pics of mine tomorrow.
I don't have sheep but think I might like them one day as well as goats. I have heard some people say that they are stupid though? I am not saying this to start anything, it is a genuine question since I've heard people, even people with sheep, say that they are not the brightest and was curious what your thoughts were.
depends on the day some days the sheep seem really dum some days you will not just be a few steps but a whole staircase behind.
Yeah, I thought it was interesting too. Although I didn't understand where the wool went. Like it seems it would be like a dog, spread all over the place, not as easy to collect. But better than shearing. But yeah, the price on them and the paint sheep is kind of ridiculous. :( but i guess they're still a new concept. I'm sure they'll be more widespread and/or be mixed with some of the more "classic" breeds to create self sheding.in lots of breeds eventually maybe
here in the UK the shearing sheep or exlanas or easycare sheep they are called are quite wide spread and no more expensive than anything else.the easycare sheep have very short wool even when it is full grown. The wool allso dicentgrates into the ground better than normal sheep's wool as well so it doesn't leeve much of a mess.

Last edited:
I have purebred dorpers love them so much they are easy to handle with the help of my kelpie
1f609.png
very protective mothers and very low maintenance since they don't need shearing they are ready to start lambing for the second time this year. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but this is my favourite breed.

I hadn't realized they were widespread in other areas, that's so interesting and I wonder why they're not more widespread here and why they're expensive

I have purebred dorpers love them so much they are easy to handle with the help of my kelpie
1f609.png
very protective mothers and very low maintenance since they don't need shearing they are ready to start lambing for the second time this year. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but this is my favourite breed.
haven't had much to do with dorpers but did think they looked quite cool. My favirate breed is the rousins.

probably just introduced/developed here first so they became more common.

That makes sense. Just seems.sort of weird to me they didn't become common sooner but I guess that happens. I mean, there's plenty of dog breeds that are very popular elsewhere but very rare here

Back
Top Bottom