sick sheeps and chickens

chickeneer1-1

Chirping
Feb 17, 2021
Hi everyone,
I have a bit of a problem with my flock, I was out on a vacation for a few days and had a friend feed my sheeps and chickens. However, when I came home, they both have seemed to develop a cough. They are all fatigued and they can't keep their eyes open, sitting down, and coughing. The sheeps and chickens are on different ends of my farm, but they both have the same symptoms. Does anyone have any idea of what it might be and how I could fix it?

It is unlikely that the sheep and the chickens both have the same thing. My guess is the sheep have pneumonia. I have no idea about the chickens.

I doubt if the 2 types of animals would have the same illness, since most chicken diseases are specific to their species. I know nothing of sheep. Chickens may have respiratory diseases that they get from a carrier bird, wild birds, or even carried in on someone’s shoes. Have you added any new birds recently? What are the symptoms you are seeing in your sick chickens? Watery or bubbly eye, swollen eyelids, runny nostrils, sneezing, head shaking, and swallowing mucus, crackles when breathing, and gasping are possible signs. Do they have a bad odor?

Back
Top Bottom