She's a boy...isn't she? :(

gapeach717

Songster
7 Years
Mar 9, 2012
North, ga
almost 4 weeks old, I am afraid my Dixie is a Roo. This is hands down my favorite chick and impossible for me to have boys here. I need your opinions please.
hit.gif

also, while I have you, what is the verdict on thoughts of Shadow, the one BR chick I kept from what seemed like my all Roo rescue? Since I have had her(?) she has been eating and playing and getting the life a growing chick needs and her (?) feather development has taken off in one weeks time! But...I want a second round of opinions on her. Again, the coolest chick, and hands down the most friendly of the entire bunch.

Thank you all!!!
hugs.gif

I'm gonna guess Shadow is a Pullet.....I have some BR chicks and she's nice and dark and not crowning like one of my chicks...
Can't guess on the other...

Thank you Highlander. I had a very high need to keep shadow bc she was different than the other 4 in the set I rescued (all of which have been rehomed, one to a 30 acre farm in the blue ridge mountains) but shadow just had different mannerisms and even coloring than the others and I felt given her prior living conditions i wouldnt jump to gender conclusions on her so fast. If your thoughts are right, I made a good call. Thank you.....but Dixie breaks my heart in half. This will be my first broken heart over a chickie :(

They are both lookin pretty rooish to me. The BR is still a toughy since its white barring isnt as thick as some other roos ive seen or as thin as some othe pullets. Imma lran towards roo tho on both of them. Im no expert tho.

thanks dragon, yes, she still isnt feathering the way other pullets her age have, but her stripes arent as light as the pics show. my camera is on steroids when it comes to picking up white color. Blah! (hate this camera) but in the weeks time i have had her, she has blown most of her neck and chest feathers around her throat and more dark feathers are coming in?

Don't give up on Dixie. I have one that is 7 1/2 weeks old. A couple of weeks ago I thought it was a roo. Now, I'm not so sure...so I'm waiting to hear a crow or see an egg. :D

Back
Top Bottom