She's Gone Ballistic!

wbruder17

Songster
9 Years
Jun 7, 2010
Portland, OR
My Ancona pullet, aptly named Spook has gotten totally freaked out by something. She won't come near the coop and flies away screaming anytime we come near her. All the other chickens are in bed and she is still hiding out in the blackberry brambles. I do not want to leave her out overnight, but I can't catch her! She will get eaten by something for sure if I cant get her back inside!

What do I do???
hu.gif

Last edited:
Is there any way you can corner her??? That's the only thing that works for me.
hmm.png
I know it's not good for them, but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

We tried to corner her and that only made it worse. I even tried to net her as my last resort, but now she is in thhe blackberry brambles somewhere and we can't even find her. She's mostly black with a little white and its getting dark. Plus the blackberries are pretty big and thick. I guess if she's going to spend the night outside, the brambles are the safest. But I don't like it. Still hoping she comes to her senses and comes back to roost, but she was pretty "spooked"

Quote:
I'm so sorry I made it worse! I was just trying to help.
sad.png

Oh, YOU didn't make it worse! Sorry to make you think that! We had done that already, is what I meant. Sorry!

Quote:
I'm so sorry I made it worse! I was just trying to help.
sad.png

Oh, YOU didn't make it worse! Sorry to make you think that! We had done that already, is what I meant. Sorry!

No you didn't make me think that. It's just that I interpreted the wrong way. No, I was not trying to blame you. Sorry I came across that way!

No worries! Good news tho! DH to the rescue! We located her and he crawled into the brambles and manuevered her out! She's pretty shaken up, but other than her nose being scratched a bit, she seems ok! Whew! That was scary!

Back
Top Bottom