She's never gonna lay!

ya.gif
Congrats!!!
clap.gif
Go Merna!
yippiechickie.gif

Sometimes it takes a bit to get everything in order. My EE (pure white) is in the nest box for 2-3 hours every day before she produces an egg (a lovely blue/green). I'm not sure if she just likes napping in there or if she really isn't sure when the egg will appear. If you go in the coop she doesn't abandon the nest box, but she growls (yes, growls) at other chickens who pester her. She is toward the bottom of the pecking order, but when she is in the nest box, she is a raptor. They have been laying since the middle of December, and she produces about 6 eggs a week for me.

I have a PR that is still laying soft shelled or shell less eggs from the roost after about 3 weeks of laying. I'm hoping she gets it together before she has other problems associated with laying soft shelled eggs. Good luck with your EE. Mine is a sweetie (except when she is in the nest box).

Here's hoping she gets the whole thing figured out soon, and you start getting good eggs in the nest box most every day.

No egg from Merna yesterday. But when I checked the nest boxes at lunch, she was sitting in there. I left her alone, and when I checked 1/2 hour later she was standing by the pop door throwing shavings on her back
smile.png
I know that's normal, but I thought it was cute and a little funny.

Back
Top Bottom