~Shipped Duck Egg 'Hatch-a-long' Due Aug 21, 2013 CANDLING PICS~

[/IMG]
Presenting Duck 1 and duck 2 born Yesterday and today, tomorrow duck 3.

~Day 7~
The embryos are slightly bigger and are starting to move around by themselves!

Also, egg #4 looks to me like its a little late. It looks like its on day 4 while everyone else is on day 7! I set them all at the same time so I don't know why this would be happening.

~Day 8~

It getting kind of hard to focus the camera in it now because it looks all red. The baby is getting a lot bigger! I see lots of movement, especially with egg #2.

Bad news!! Last night egg #6 died. I think its crack got infected. It arrived with one when it was shipped and I tried treating it but I guess it didn't last. Bye egg #6!
hit.gif

Up to 6 ducklings, one egg pipping and just added 3 more to lock down. 15 eggs left to hatch and more being laid daily. One of my Runner hens has a nest with a dozen eggs in it. I tried to candle them and got attacked, so I'm going to just leave her alone. If I were in her place I would probably attack the person who comes in daily and distracted everyone with food while she took off with the eggs, as well. She probably thinks I'm after her babies too. As far as I can tell her eggs are due to hatch on 8/22 I am going by the date she started sitting on the nest full time. And here all the text I've read said that runners rarely get broody. Well I guess my farm is full of exceptions.

Hi everyone!! Sorry I've been inactive. We're going into lockdown soon!! Today is day 24, so let me try catching you up on things.

Back
Top Bottom