~Shipped Duck Egg 'Hatch-a-long' Due Aug 21, 2013 CANDLING PICS~

~Day 11~

Ever since they've been getting bigger! But also on day 11, I lost egg #5. I think it was because it had been stuck to the membrane. I was turning it, but it was probably already stuck due to shipping. Poor thing.
hit.gif
It was a green tiny one too.

Last edited:
~Day 20~

I had been worried about the size of the air cells through days 14-24. They looked very big and deformed, so I played with the humidity a lot.

Last edited:
Look at the bator now!! 4 eggs doing ok.
big_smile.png
On day 18 I began tipping them slightly upwards so they can be in the right position for hatching. I heard it really helps. Duck eggs don't do well always being turned at an angle, so I only started on day 18 and at a very slight angle.

~Day 22~

They move a lot!! I put one on the hard table and it shook around!! I can't wait until they start chirping. Egg #3 seems to move the most. Maybe that one will hatch first??
celebrate.gif

~Day 24~

They're going into lockdown later tonight!! No more opening the incubator. I see lots of shadows in the air cell. Could they have pipped in it already??
idunno.gif

I HEARD A PEEP FROM EGG #2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE ITS ONLY DAY 24
ep.gif

I CANDLED IT AND IT PIPPED IN THE AIR CELL AND ITS TRYING TO PIP ON THE OUTER SHELL OMG ITS EARLY!

Last edited:
LOOK ITS ONLY DAY 24 AND IT PIPPED INSIDE THE AIR CELL AND ITS MOVING AROUND A LOT AND CHIRPING
celebrate.gif

They just went into lockdown!!!
The 3 in the front I'm expecting to hatch within the next few days but I think the one in the back may be the Muscovy egg (the one that looks behind everyone else) and I seperated it so the chicks don't move it around.

Last edited:
Today is day 25 and I candled #3 (the green one) and it pipped inside too! I also heard another chirp from #2 but no hole yet. Maybe it will pip later today! Since #4 is not going to hatch anytime soon I'm going to put it in a separate incubator made for only 1 egg. I have it for emergencies. It still has to be turned and I don't want to open this incubator anymore.

Last edited:
it's been 24 hours since internal pip for #2 and it hasn't pipped yet. It's still trying though, I can tell!

Back
Top Bottom