Shipped eggs in hot weather?

Well, they should be turned... but if you cant, ya cant.... I feel quite sure you will still have some hatch. May not be a good hatch, or as good as it could have been anyway. I have never known anyone that went that long with out turning so experience in this situation, I have none... All I have is opinion, I think it will "dampen" your hatch but not drown it... You can only do what you can do. Let us know how it comes out. Bill

Quote:
They will be ok, it will have no effect on them what so ever...

I wouldn't say it would have no effect, but the effects would be minimal.

Quote:
You gett'in ready to set some chukars kate? I lock mine down thurs. and should hatch sat. Bill

Not yet but soon still doing some research. Hope your hatch goes well! Keep me posted on any tips. I want one more coturnix hatch for the freezer and experience before I GET EXOTIC! Kate

Sorry, I am a systems analyst... I love me some troubleshooting.

Re: shipped eggs in hot weather- I also wonder what the % fluid mass lost during shipping is. - weigh the eggs prior to shipping and weigh them on arrival?

packing material is dry in nature, newspaper, cardboard, combined with hot, dry back of a truck?-- kinda like cutting weight? my "control" eggs to do not participate in any "forced evaporation"

and then some may use the advised LG recommendation of "dry incubation" may be taking an additional toll on some shipped eggs incubation period fluid mass, fluid mass critical to bio-chemical reactions throughout the different stages of development.

So, I am keeping my RH at 40-45% this trip days 1-15, then ~65-70% to hatch. So far- I haven't really cared about RH on days 1-15, thoughts?

Quote:
Not optimal, but fine!

Don't fret so much my friend. Take care of your Mom , and turn your eggs when you get back. No worries! If forgetting about, or being to busy to turn eggs was deadly.....There wouldn't be a coturnix on my property
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom