shipped eggs that have no air cell, what does that mean?

minipaintedacre

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 11, 2013
I am new to the shipped eggs. I have a very good incubator ( GQF) that I have always had good hatches in so I thought why not try them.

I ordered 22 eggs off of ebay. I let them set for 24 hours before I placed them in the incubator. I did not turn them for the first 3 days. ( big end up). I checked them at day 10 and all but 3 out of 22 have no air cell. Is that from shipping or just the eggs being old when shipped?

Could be anything. At 10 days you should see significant veins running through the eggs. It is possible the air cells were detached during shipping, but sounds like you did all you could do for that. Really hard to tell if they are old, when it comes to shipped eggs it truly is a gamble.

Thanks , I just candled again and the last few eggs I will be lucky if 2 hatch. My incubator is on temp wise and I'm trying the dry method for hatch. My last hatch I had 80% hatch rate so I don't think it is my incubator. Maybe that week was just too hot for shipping. I should know by Tuesday if the 2 make it.

fl.gif
Good Luck. I have had 95% hatches on shipped eggs and I have had 0% just too many variables.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom