Shipped Eggs

khall3

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 22, 2009
I am thinking about ordering some eggs and was wondering if anyone has had any luck doing this. Also, I am concerned about it being so cold and could the eggs chill during shipping. All information would be appreciated.

Getting hatching eggs thru the mail can be frustrating. I would say my average hatch rate for shipped eggs is around 50%. In contrast, I have had 90% hatch rates when I use my own eggs or eggs that I have pick-up. Unfortunatly, sometimes the only way to get breeds you want is to have them shipped. If possible, I would recommend finding local eggs for the best hatch rate. If you do have to order them, expect a lower hatch rate so order extras.

Last edited:
I am in maine, had eggs shipped from texas, I am on day 12, had 15 to start, only 1 not fertile, have 7 developing well, lost the others along the way. I do believe they were shaken to much as some had broken yolks and displaced air cells.( they did start to develop then quit shortly after. just my experience, Next time I will just get twice as many eggs. good luck.

last month i had 12 duck eggs shipped from new york to tenn. i now have seven lovely duckies. anything over 50 percent is super.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom