Shipped Quail eggs

Wow, the only time I've received shipped eggs, I only had one broken out of 120. They were set in the cardboard flats and then wrapped with bubble wrap.

Got these delivered today from Louisiana. When they arrived I immediately opened box and tested the egg temp with my laser temp gauge, the eggs themselves were at 82-85 degrees after sitting on the floor of the delivery truck, the bottom of the box was warmer but I feel good about the eggs being less than < 85 degrees on delivery. It is almost 80 degrees and sunny here now.

Update: 3/25/2012

I set ~55 and locked down 50. 41/50 hatched.

On the bright side
Orderd 12 jumbo brn frm QL (flordia 1000 m+) Hatched 6 and are now 5W old what beauties!!!!!!

Orded 12 butler bw off ebay frm ebert (joshua, tx 285m) Hatched 12 WOW WOW

Picked up 22 Chuckar eggs frm jimsbirdhouse (gonzales ,tx 100m ) last week.There in the Inc. as we speak.He builds a great low waste feeder TOO

above chuckars hatched 17 (updated)

Last edited:
Great news MobyQuail and cva34
clap.gif

My last batch of 37 that did not break I have 17 that hatched with the rest sitting in the bater just in case.
Not great but at least got a few birds out of the deal.
Before long we should put together an egg swap and see who can come up with some of the best ways to ship eggs.
Tammy

another responsible shipping method... got these from BFrancis...

just one cracked out of 60.

from this pen of pretty birds. We are testing color theory...

Moby, those are the nicest looking range birds I have ever seen. Very sharp!

thanks jbobs, they are bfrancis'.. pen #4.

keep forgetting you are in cananda and we call the slight color variations different... you say "range", yes... in the broad sense?

we are thinking they are "range" colored birds, but may also carry the roux dilute brown gene, 2 roux gene with 2 tibetan gene = "red", so "red range" unless the yellow loci is toggled.

we will know more when the eggs hatch and we reverse engineer the "color" based on what we get from the chicks...

pure chicks = pure colors

mixed chicks = we have some stray heterozygous genes on 1 or 2 loci to work out...

plan is to identify the blueprint of these birds and then recombinate birds to get a greater % of hatch to end up being like the birds above.

I should be receiving 100 Texas A&M eggs from RSV201111 on eBay. He is from California. Has anyone ever heard of this person or got any results from him.

Yes sir. I will. I actually just PMed James Marie. I hear that his place, setup, and birds are awesome.

I guess I will just have to take my chances on the ones I've already messed up and ordered.

Wish me luck on my very first hatch.

Back
Top Bottom