Shipping Adult birds from Texas to Alaska. Should I try it?

Jungleexplorer

Crowing
11 Years
Jan 19, 2012
Abilene, Texas
My Coop
My Coop
I have a person that wants to buy three cockerels and one pullet from me (Gamefowl). But they live in Alaska and I live in Texas. I have never done this before, but I have read that success is less with adult birds then with chicks. I have also noticed that many hatcheries won't ship to Alaska. Should I even try this? If so, what is the best way to do it? Thanks.

Uhmm, If you do it i would provide them food on the bottom of the boxes and maybe get them water nipples for them to drink..

Yeah, that seems like it would be good, but the real question is if I do, what method should I use? I have never shipped live birds before so I don't the first thing. Things like should I ship each bird individually or together. UPS, FEDEX or some other way?

Yeah, that seems like it would be good, but the real question is if I do, what method should I use? I have never shipped live birds before so I don't the first thing. Things like should I ship each bird individually or together. UPS, FEDEX or some other way?
You need special shipping boxes. http://www.hm-e.net/ They can only go through the USPS, and by Express Mail (which is costly). Given the time of year, and depending on where in Alaska, you would have to check with your PO if it can even be done.

Back
Top Bottom