Shipping adult birds?

GuessWhat

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 5, 2014
Somewhere in the USA
I might have found someone willing to ship me out a serama trio.
The problem is, although I've had day old chicks sent to me. Never an adult bird.
They aren't experienced with shipping adult chickens. I know its pricy and I'm willing to pay the shipping costs. My local post office will accept chickens and I know that's where they'd be dropped off at.
Other than that no other idea's.
Are there any requirements to ship other than the right boxes, etc?
Like are any certifications, testing, vet visits etc needed?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Are they in a different state then you? Because of the bird flu out-break, they may need to be tested before shipped out of state. Shipping adult birds is pretty easy if they aren't over-heated or allowed to catch a chill. They are hardier then chicks and can go a day without food, just like chicks.

Best of luck!

Yes and they are and not in a state I can easily drive out too.
I reckon testing would need to be done in order to ship birds due to the bird flu outbreak.
I'm not even sure where Colorado stands on the shipping of chickens either sadly. I know some states won't allow shipping right now due to outbreaks. Maybe I'll just need to do more searching around locally or states I can drive to around Colorado xP
I'm pretty serious about getting some seramas lol :p

Last edited:
Contact your state's Department of Agriculture to see what is needed to have them shipped to Colorado. A vet certificate or NP I P number may be sufficient. Does the birds' breeder do annual testing?

Back
Top Bottom