Shipping birds?

caseebeths

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 8, 2013
Ok I have a question about shipping. I have called the postal service and my local post office and no one says that I must be NPIP in order to do this? I live in Tennessee an according to several people that work at the post office. They told me it was not against the law to ship without an NPIP certification. Can someone ad some insight to this?

You would have to check with state laws for each state. From and too. Every state has different laws on poultry shipping/transport etc. There is a national NPIP list somewhere on the net that has what states require NPIP and those that do not. You can get into trouble even if you can ship from your state but not to receiver state. Not sure what laws state about states that poultry travel thru not just origin and destination. You would have best luck with either calling State Offices for livestock (Or poultry if your stat has 1) or doing a search by state.

It's not in the Post Office's jurisdiction, it's the state's Dept of Ag. Postal office workers don't know about it because it's not their job to monitor or enforce. Google your state and the state of destination to see what the regs are.

Ok I have a question about shipping. I have called the postal service and my local post office and no one says that I must be NPIP in order to do this? I live in Tennessee an according to several people that work at the post office. They told me it was not against the law to ship without an NPIP certification. Can someone ad some insight to this?

O.k. stupis question time. What is "npip"?

Back
Top Bottom