Shipping during the current USPS situation.

Good the arrival date was inaccurate. They would of never survived until Monday.
You can pick up chicks at the sorting station. I ran to a local post office who had incorrectly received a box of chicks and was looking for someone to come pick them up before they were returned to sender. I missed the truck and had to drive 40 miles to Denver to try and intercept the box. Long story short, the box of guineas was found and I was the proud owner of 10 keets. Prior to cell phones, that box would of been long gone.
What's in the box?

Lucky guineas, to have you rescue them! That sounds like it was quite a day...

My box had 4 black laced silver Wyandottes and 4 Easter Eggers. They're very active!

I had 13 chicks shipped Wednesday from Ohio by My Pet Chicken and all of them were dead when they arrived late yesterday afternoon. I was devastated and I wish I had not decided to have chicks shipped. The chicks looked like they had been dead for quite some time even though they were only a little over 24hr in the box. I have had chicks shipped many times over the years and have never had a loss like this. I decided to just take the refund and will purchase whatever breeds I can get locally.

I had 13 chicks shipped Wednesday from Ohio by My Pet Chicken and all of them were dead when they arrived late yesterday afternoon. I was devastated and I wish I had not decided to have chicks shipped. The chicks looked like they had been dead for quite some time even though they were only a little over 24hr in the box. I have had chicks shipped many times over the years and have never had a loss like this. I decided to just take the refund and will purchase whatever breeds I can get locally.

That's awful, I'm so sorry.

That's awful, I'm so sorry.

Thank you for your kind words. I always prepare myself just in case 1 or two don't survive shipping, but this was the first time the whole group was dead. It was so sad. I don't know any other way to get certain breeds, but I think in the future I will search out farms/ hateries within driving distance. I ended up getting a mix of chicks from 2 local TSC stores and they are all doing great outside in their coop.

The USPS is in a terrible mess and the current political climate exacerbated the mess that has gone on for years.
ive gotten several chick deliveries this year with no trouble until yesterday and I lost half the chicks, as they were DOA.
If you watch the tracking now, it no longer updates as a package moves from places to place but once it leaves the first distribution center, it doesn’t update until it reaches the last distribution center.
I’ve looked for a local hatchery that will sex chicks but the two local ones closest to me only do straight runs.

Back
Top Bottom