Shipping during the current USPS situation.

My family and I are new to raising chickens. We received 25 chicks back at the beginning of August. Chicks where sent from New Mexico and arrived in northern Mississippi. We had a hard time getting the hatchery to send us tracking information, but my wife was able to convince them to email it to us. The chicks were shipped out on a Wednesday evening. We called the Post Office that was receiving them, gave them the tracking number and left a phone number. Got a call at 6am on Saturday saying come get your chicks. All 25 arrived alive. Moved them into the coop last weekend and they are doing well.

10 chicks shipped Monday from Ohio to New Hampshire. Misdelivered to the wrong PO on Tuesday, but we were able to pick them up that night at the main sorting facility. They are all doing well. The USPS people were very concerned about chicks' welfare. They even watered the little guys while they were at the main PO, which wasn't really needed but they could hear them peeping away and were worried.

To those who have recently (Aug 2020) received chicks shipped through the USPS, what has been your experience? On time, extra day in transit, dead chicks...? I am planning on raising a large batch of chicks but am suddenly fearful of the ability to receive them in a timely manner. The hatcheries keep sending me notifications of extra chicks specials and it's all I can do to not order.🐣🐣🐣
Had a friend order 40 chicks 2 weeks ago & there was a delay in shipping .............39 arrived Dead , one left I have now and she is doing great ! We are in N Fla

I notified my mail man to keep watch and for three days I was worried- like find my ducks! Every day.....We ordered 3 ducks and upon arrival 3 days later, one was manic, one Half dead, and the other barely moving, it was suoer hot that week and the hatchery only left them a three ounce cup of water that had obviously spilled out days before. And the heat pack was still warm. We nursed them back to health but the next day the barely moving one -died of a seizure. Kids were so upset. Hatchery gave us money back but that's the last time I will do that.

Back
Top Bottom