shipping eggs?

Quote:
I tried that a few months ago, no go....the mail guy brought them as I was attached to my phone, as hubby hauls mail for the PO...they really only worry about live birds...not eggs
sad.png

USPS has Hold For Pickup listed on their site.
Hold For Pickup
Customers can pick up valuable and perishable merchandise at a designated Post Office™

https://www.usps.com/business/add-extra-services.htm When you go to ship, if printing labels online you can click hold for pickup, it will ship the item to your PO and they call you to pick it up. I don't think your address gets put on the package just your name and phone # and your PO's address.​

I noticed that with a package I shipped out Monday. The delivery date said yesterday, but it had just left a main processing center at 10pm last night, so I knew there was no way it could be delivered by the date it said 12/14. Today it has been updated to 12/15 and is out for delivery through the local post office. Hope that helps. Unfortunately you can't completely rely on what the tracking says, it just gives you an idea.

usps does not have tracking info like ups. only delivery confirmation. i ship alot of eggs and i try to track them also, doesnt work that way. just when delivered.

My local post office is great - they called me when my eggs got there. Of course, your phone number needs to be on the box for that!
When my rooster arrived, they were so excited and called me right away.

Back
Top Bottom