shipping eggs?

kjk66ss

Chirping
8 Years
Nov 18, 2011
chatsworth,ca
i bought some eggs off ebay a few days ago. i have the tracking number and it shows a delivery of today. my mail was dropped off already and im wondering do packages get delivered by anouther truck from USPS? or are packages typically sent out with the regular mail man?

If you click on the tracking number it will tell you where it is - i.e. accepted, in transit, delivered. If on THAT screen it says delivered you may want to double-check the address the shipper used.

Note, that a sender can print the confirm number, which will auto assign an estimated delivery date. The key is to click on the number itself to see if they have in fact mailed the package. Hope that helps...

I'm a retired postal worker - if the tracking # is showing they were delivered today, you should have received them with your regular mail. Express Mail is the only mail that is typically delivered separately, but it should not show delivered until the carrier puts it in your mailbox or at your door. I would call my local post office or the 800 #.
Good luck, I should be getting some eBay eggs tomorrow - I hope.

thanks for the quick reply's. the eggs were shipped priority mail. and were sent out monday. i have the tracking number and the tracking number shows that the packages departed local sort facility. and shows an estimated delivery date of Today 12/14/2011. the mail was already delivered today thats why i was wondering why,the mail was delivered but the estimated date was still today.

Quote:
Maybe they need to be picked up at the PO?
hu.gif

I'll bet that soon the estimated delivery date switches to tomorrow.

I've noticed that USPS has gone away from calling it "tracking" to "delivery confirmation" instead. They seem to want it to be confirmation it was delivered, and anything additional information they give you is a bonus.

{Sphinx} i think you are rite. i called the post office and they said that if it didnt make it with the mail man then they will be delivered tomorrow. so i said well can i just pick the eggs up if you get them before you close today and they said no i have to call tomorrow and try to call before they get loaded onto the delivery truck, if i wanted to pick them up.

i would be at the post office as soon as they open. if its there they wil find it. at least my little home town po does. only has 3 workers. two are mail carriers.

USPS in general is slowing down. It worries me regarding shipping egg purchases in the future. When I do order eggs, I ask the seller to write my phone number on the package with instructions to call and hold at post office for pick-up. There are lots of bumpy dirt roads in this little town and I think it helps to eliminate that variable. Good luck!

Quote:
I tried that a few months ago, no go....the mail guy brought them as I was attached to my phone, as hubby hauls mail for the PO...they really only worry about live birds...not eggs
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom