shooting trespassing chickens?

yuckyuck.gif

ok i dont want to stir the pot....but...
hide.gif

If someone posts on here that the neighbors dog keeps comming into their yard a lot of us (me included) will start shouting SSS

so why is the tone changing when someone suggests SSS with a chicken?
hide.gif

a property line is a property line....be responsible for your pets no matter if they walk on 4 legs or 2

**(running for a rain coat now....expecting poop to fly)**

I don't think they should shoot the chickens they don't do anything wrong but I also don't think people should shoot dogs, I think they need stricter laws on protecting the dogs and the chickens like rehoming the dog instead of allowing people to shoot them I wouldn't want my dog to get shot even though he would never harm a chicken.

Quote:
I don't agree the chickens should have free range of the neighbors yard, but I also don't agree with shooting the chickens. Let's say my neighbors has an adorable puppy, the puppy may be the cutest thing ever, but still, I don't want it pooping in my yard, for me to clean up, and it's the neighbors responsibility to contain the puppy. But on the other hand, I would NEVER shoot a puppy just because it's on my property. So just put up the fence, and you won't have a problem as long as you are responsible containing your chickens.

Sorry for any Typos, I'm running on 4 hours of sleep, and it's not going so well, lol.

Jennyhaschicks, I don't have restrictions here, so know little about laws. Did some research, though, and found a good thread:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=197693

Post #6 has a link to a website where you should be able to research your local laws.

And post #5 is by an attorney who has offered to help people keep their chickens -- free of charge.

You might get some help from your local library. May take some legwork, but I hope you will pursue this and know your rights. Never know what might develop with a neighbor like that.

Half these posts were made while I was doing other things.

I fail to see any reason for this attack mode. The neighbor kept changing his mind about whether he wanted a fence. For all we know, he had been saying he was enjoying the chickens visiting. Obviously, the OP immediately accepted her responsibility to confine her birds when he made the threat, as she shut them in the coop, where they will stay til the fence is built. She said this in the first post.

She asked about laws, not whether her chickens have a right to trespass on her neighbors. She is obviously aware they do not.

Sheesh!

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Your right Ddawn, She was just asking about laws, and I apologize if My answer sounded like an opinion, I mearly meant that if the Chickens are propery Contained, than there is no reason for the neighbor to shoot them, there for there is no reason for any leagal action, it seems like a simple fix to me.

Last edited:
Quote:
It sounds like the OP was trying to get along with the neighbor; we don't know, she didn't go into detail, as that is not why she posted. If she cares, that is her choice.

Back
Top Bottom