1. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    Please don't laugh at me but since I have filled in my koi pond I have this shop vac I used to vac the bottom of the two sediment ponds that I drained once a week. (Yeah, the pond was't thought out very well.) But ANYwho, I put the vac in my wheel barrel and rolled it over to the 8'x8' coop. All the girls were screeming, "BOMB,BOMB!!!!! ACKKKK!!!!" I opened one window on the bottom, shoved the hose and plug through and vacumed up all the dust and poo. WOW It was so easy. I'm using deep litter so I just got the dust and under the perches worked great!
    Just a thought for those of us that have a shop vac sitting around. [​IMG]

2. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    Interesting, I have cleaned up around the brooders in the basement with this, but haven't thought about using it to clean out the brooders (without fluffy butts in it, of course). Thanks for idea, it's not like the shop vac is the picture of cleanliness anyway!

3. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    They work great to suck the dust off the window screens that are layered over the hardware cloth and the walls, too. They also take care of cob webs.

4. Caddy-Corner-Chick

Caddy-Corner-Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2011
    Hernando, FL
    I use my shop vac more than most men. It is a must have in a house with 3 growing boys, one grown man, 3 dogs and 40 chickens...

Thanks for giving me another way to use it!!

5. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    I was so impressed with it I even vac out the run of the big stuff! WOW is all I got to say. I put it in the wheel barrel and I was unstoppable!!! [​IMG]

6. wekiva bird

wekiva bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    South Carolina
    X2
    Quote:

7. bryan99705

bryan99705 Chillin' With My Peeps

A good shop vac rate up there with duct tape and zipties [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by