Should I Be Worred???????

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by animalloverabh, May 12, 2010.

1. animalloverabh

animalloverabh Allons-y, Alonso

[​IMG] well my silkie has been sitting on my ducks eggs for 4 and a half weeks now, and there is still no pipping. ive candled them yesterday and there were 5 with shadows and big air sacks and 2 clear.im startingto get realy worried as they havent changed since 3 days ago?

please help
    thanks

2. classroomducks

classroomducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2009
    Fort Worth, Tx
    the two clears are def infertile...are they scovie eggs? Do you still see movement? scovies take 35days.

3. animalloverabh

no there call duck cross mixed (ornimental cross/campbell cross)
    and ive never saw movement but is that just cos i have a dim light to candle?

4. classroomducks

classroomducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2009
    Fort Worth, Tx
    hmm...i couldnt tell you. If they arent viable...i wouldnt think your silkie would sit forever...any one else?

5. animalloverabh

this silkie is very very very broody,theres even a silkie whos sitting on nothing,but wont move a thinksshes sitting on some when she isnt...so they will probly sit until they hatch but will they?

6. animalloverabh

btw mom is small call and dad is a mallard sized white mutt

7. L0rraine

L0rraine Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Whidbey Island
    When I tried to hatch ducklings under a Buff Orpington a couple of years ago only one finally hatched (I think on day 29). After reading up on hatching duck eggs under hens, it sounded like the environment can be kind of dry and a little misting with a spray bottle every day can help the process (tho' I know this might be too late for you this time around). Still, as much as the misting advice sounds good, it seems I have heard of successful hatches without misting.

8. animalloverabh

ok...my moskovy is laying now so should i put them in wiv the old ones or leave them or put them with another silkie and mist them....or what?

9. animalloverabh

[​IMG] checked the eggs a min ago and still nothing....

10. SAORSA

SAORSA Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Wine Country
    It seems to me that I read somewhere on the forum that duck eggs may take up to 30 days to pip. [​IMG]
    I do know that duck eggs need more humidity than chicken eggs in order to hatch.
    The question is, do chickens have enough humidity to accomidate ducks ? [​IMG]
    I have never come across any information on that.

Here's a bump anyway.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by