Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

tongue.gif
ONE....

It is 83 today. Whew!! I think that I am more of a 73 kind of person. The girls snuck out this morning when I went to give them treats... so I thought, what the heck. Rumples and the Bungees were yelling at me when I got home to let them out! I obeyed.
wee.gif
I dug up 5 worms and one Lav Am chick ate all 5. He was they only one who figured out what to do with them.
Hey Mortie... How many more weeks to go? I have 17-27 weeks to go for eggs. LOL.....
gig.gif

Wanted to post some pictures of Twidget, our roo that is going to a new home tomorrow. The rest are getting eaten.

Who's a pretty boy?

He's the best out of my 3 ameracauna roos

And he runs fast, too!

He was my daughter's favorite. She said goodbye to him today since she'll be at school when they pick him up.

So handsome!

nice pics WeeNicole and mortie!

long day today, but I managed to let the flock roam for about an hour.

out of 24 Eggs today, a perfect count of 9 came from the Fosters, but I stepped on one that was laid in the middle of the pen. I saw it, but lost my balance and crunch! another from the Fosters must have hit the bare spot in the Dogloo floor, which is rubbery... so... but anyway, it had a hole in it. and then... I dropped the last egg collected, a Marans gorgeous super dark brown... that figures.

Big Broody has 8 days to go! she's so beautiful

Words cannot begin to describe how nice it is this morning to not have turkeys in the house! No stink, no noise, and I don't have to tip toe! I never wanted to make noise in the house, because I didn't want to startle them.
Now I have to go check on them. It was warmer overnight than it is this morning. They have a heat lamp. I didn't check the floor temp, but I am sure they were fine. Now the forecast is saying 34* for lows the next few nights. That worries me. I just finished getting the garden in too! Grrrrr!

Still waiting, I do think they are having fun, when I let them out of the coop yard into the play yard in the morning they run laps around the building and ruffle feathers at each other. They are eating more now, maybe that means they are closer.

Such a busy week at work!!! My house is a disaster and my yard needs mowing!!

On the plus side I'm at day 12 (11 for the 2nd incubator) and outta the 12 in the incubator it looks like all. 12 are developing! With my luck I'll get them all to hatch and they'll all be frizzled and I won't want to sell any :). I think I'm only going to keep 3 at most (who am I kidding) and sell the rest straight run.

Oh I hope they hatch!!!

Question for the group- when you hatch your own do you vaccinate?

Back
Top Bottom