Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

I left Rumples in the coop with no barricade when she was broody. One hatching chick got crushed and one egg disappeared. Rumples also became crippled soon after. I know that Si would climb on top of Rumples and try to lay. I recommend blocking your broody or moving her.

@subhanalah - for the longest time, she was called Sillie Soo. but my granddaughter made the grand pronouncement the other week that that was a dumb name! (she's 4) anyway, I've been calling her Gossamer ever since.

well, at work this morning, I get called to the service window, it's a customer, looking for eggs, cool. 2 dozen sold, then on the road, I got stopped by another resident who saw my eggs at another customers house... a few questions later and bam! another 2 dozen sold! if this keeps up, I won't have any surplus in the house! love it! I've got 22 eggs in the basket so far, only 2 from the Fosters, but they all laid yesterday, so it's cool... that means only 5 Dome Dwellers haven't laid yet, and 3 are sitting. all 3 bantams laid. it's a good day... I'm so pleased.

@subhanalah
 - for the longest time, she was called Sillie Soo.  but my granddaughter made the grand pronouncement the other week that that was a dumb name!  (she's 4)  anyway, I've been calling her Gossamer ever since.  

well, at work this morning, I get called to the service window, it's a customer, looking for eggs, cool. 2 dozen sold, then on the road, I got stopped by another resident who saw my eggs at another customers house... a few questions later and bam!  another 2 dozen sold!  if this keeps up, I won't have any surplus in the house!  love it!  I've got 22 eggs in the basket so far, only 2 from the Fosters, but they all laid yesterday, so it's cool... that means only 5 Dome Dwellers haven't laid yet, and 3 are sitting.  all 3 bantams laid.  it's a good day... I'm so pleased.  
I know envy is something I am working on, but I'm totally succumbed to egg envy!

Welcome subhanalah!!!

Haven't gotten eggs yet today. Spent the day cleaning and getting rid of things. Purging junk makes me feel so much lighter!!!!!

Puppy went to the vet yesterday because he wasn't eating and was very lethargic. Tho after puking on the front steps right in front of the door he felt much better. Probably ate a paper towel and it blocked him up and created gas. $286 dollars later when all he need was to toot!!! He's feeling much better today!!!!

Welcome subhanalah!!!

Haven't gotten eggs yet today. Spent the day cleaning and getting rid of things. Purging junk makes me feel so much lighter!!!!!

Puppy went to the vet yesterday because he wasn't eating and was very lethargic. Tho after puking on the front steps right in front of the door he felt much better. Probably ate a paper towel and it blocked him up and created gas. $286 dollars later when all he need was to toot!!! He's feeling much better today!!!!
dogs get into the darnedest things, thanks for the welcome!

bun.gif
bun.gif
TWO... TWO.... we laid TWO eggs today.

Rumples is not getting any better. She kind of stalled on the recovery. It makes me sad. We have a wedding to go to in a month and I don't know what to do about her. I might have to keep her penned up the whole time with her chick Jemma. Jemma seems to be the gentlest of all the littles. I named her after Jemma on the Sons of Anarchy. Maybe Nugget can be with her also. I dunno. The littles seem to do well around the big girls. They run away when the big girls get close and boy are they quick!

We are getting the big boat ready to go out on lake Pend Oreille for a day. I cant wait!!
wee.gif

CLindz, Mylee calls them toots too....
lau.gif
sorry about the heavy vet bill tho'...
hmm.png

subhanalah, I had it bad, til I got all the chickens I needed to create that pallet... I still want more.

I ended the day with 23 Eggs. all four dozen are packed and ready to go, I still have a few eggs left for me.

we had a mostly pleasant afternoon free range - the only issue was Royce tried to take another swipe at me. he missed. I didn't.

CLindz, Mylee calls them toots too.... :lau sorry about the heavy vet bill tho'...:/ subhanalah, I had it bad, til I got all the chickens I needed to create that pallet... I still want more. I ended the day with 23 Eggs. all four dozen are packed and ready to go, I still have a few eggs left for me. we had a mostly pleasant afternoon free range - the only issue was Royce tried to take another swipe at me. he missed. I didn't.
that silly boy! Do youhave pictures of him right side up? Oh, I edited to say...I FELT AN EGG IN LEMON'S BELLY!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom