Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Here is a picture of the overflow from the chicken sitter. She has enough already so she has started leaving them for me. This is 2 days worth with 4 girls laying.

They have a nesting box snd I csn see around inside.. also have a smaller house but they're in the large area since it's summer. They have been in their for a while now.

howdy howdy howdy... I will have to backtrack to page 1500 so I can catch up, but it will have to wait til after work.  I've had a heck of a time here, flock is fabulous, and still laying between 14-18 eggs daily.

my sweet old gal, MinMin had taken a severe turn for the worse at the end of the week, and I had to take her to be euthanized yesterday morning.  it took most of the afternoon to dig her grave.  it's so rocky and it was very hot.  I hit a boulder about 6-8" above where I wanted her, so I went on a hunt for a large piece of shale - found a perfect piece, 3" thick, the exact size of the hole.  so she is safely tucked at the bottom, several inches of earth on top, then the slab of rock, then more earth and the sod.  she cannot be reached by a predator despite not being more than 3' down.  poor old gal was suffering and it was so sad.  she was fighting right to the end, such a remarkable cat... my Sweetie has been here, which has made it so much easier to cope.

miss y'all... welcome to the new "waiters" and congrats for those who've had their newest eggs!  Peach and Gossamer have weaned away from their chicks, the chicks were ranging with everyone very well - Royce watching over them as well as Fannie and Big Broody's "Sister" Fawn.  pretty cute.  the little pullets have been named.  the large fowl is Lilac, and the bantam Silkie mix is Cressa (roll the r just a bit)  she's got a little poofy "hat" on her head.  pics later!
sorry to hear. Got one crossing the rainbow bridge soon. Hang in there friend. Glad you have your sweetie during this tough time.

Back
Top Bottom